Toronto Beyond The Sea | ?m | 44s | Empire | Richmond Architects

I would surely HOPE that they start phase 1+2 first considering application process for phase 3 was started AFTER sales of Star Tower began .... approvals for phase 3 is far from complete IMO

just a question...

I would surely HOPE that they start phase 1+2 first considering application process for phase 3 was started AFTER sales of Star Tower began .... approvals for phase 3 is far from complete IMO

So, what would happen if the City doesn't approve the 3rd phase? Or maybe approve 40 stories instead of 44.... any ideas? :confused:

Thats why builders do pre-sales ... they can always cancel projects and return your money on Phase 3 (although unlikely)... but towers 1+2 are good to go though

If you want to know the approval progress of Phase 3, you can call Shelly Tulloch (416.394.8208) in City Planning and find out, quoting file # "08 166911 WET 06 OZ" and address of "2230 Lake Shore Boulevard West"

hey all - am new here, thanks to Tomms. some of you do know me but i'm operating under a pseudoname for specific reasons. I'm a mimico'dian - been there for the past 12 years and watching it grow steadily. i'll be able to provide updates on this and the other construction in the area as it's my back yard essentially and drive past it all daily.

that said, i'm also involved with several community circles in the area and from time to time get some intriguing information about projects in the area. had an opportunity to speak with Mark Grimes, councillor for Ward6 Lakeshore Etobicoke on 9/5

Re: Beyond the Sea
Phase 3 still not approved... perhaps end of September.. several zoning issues.

Tenants are slowly phasing out of the plaza slated for demolition. NoCeri's will be closing their doors for good at the end of the month, with a big blowout bash while Rabba will be moving in a week or so west a few blocks. The rest will follow accordingly.

Offtopic - When queried what's on the table for Christie's across the street - originally it was believed they were closing their doors for 2012 but Grimes indicated they are NOT moving the cookie plant and they are in fact spending oodles of dollars to keep it and the developers across the street. I guess time will only tell.

David, welcome to the forum, we will expect lots of updates! :D

urbandreamer - :D

it's aquarius and no, it's not david. every telemarketer and junk mailer however thinks my name is... it's a system that's worked very well for me at the office actually - whenever anyone calls asking for david, they get voicemail and/or he's never in/meetings/vacation/etc. who's in charge of IT, purchasing, etc? Of course, it's David... but yet no record of him exists anywhere :)

and i agree - never trust a politician.... even tho its my paid job to quasi "trust" 'em.

I'll bet 10 bucks that's not true... Christies will be a major new community within 6-8 years, much lauded by their new home owners, much despised by the UT forum.

Totally agree this area is already shaping up to be great community.Of course there is a couple of UTM that may think otherwise,they prefer the concrete jungle over greenspace.Christies is not going to survive,already some of the major food producing companies in the GTA is opening plants in Mexico where its about %35 cheaper to make the exact product.If you think they can compete in this global market in this location you be dead wrong.

i don't think for a second that they will survive down in mimico. if they choose to spend the money to stay, that's their corporate call. i was well under the impression that the plant was on the sales block with Monarch Developments chomping every crumb.

This Forum is intended for the communication between registered owners of North Tower, Beyond The Sea condo. Address: 2246 Lake Shore Blvd West.

Expected SELECTION AND UPGRADE date: October to December, 2009
Expected Occupancy date: May 2010

Topics you would like to discuss:

-you bought it for your own residence
-you bought it for investment, planning to rent it out or planning to sell it after CLOSING.
-you would like to see a shopping mall erected where Christie Cookies are located.
Stores you like to have in that mall (No Frills, Food Basic, Walmart .......)
-your environmental concern (possible mosquito incubation in the dead water of Humber Creek)

Empiremaker: as you have not posted 25 times yet, you may not create a new thread, so this post has been moved to the exisiting Beyond The Sea thread.

In regards to your concerns:

It's not nice to move into a neighbourhood and immediately start trying to kick out the neighbours. Christie's stay as long as they want to.

You're talking about the Mimico Creek, not the Humber. The Humber River is nearly a kilometre east of Beyond The Sea.

welcome empiremaker ... while there are redevelopment potential for the Mr.Christie's property ... it may be far on the horizon still

when the property becomes available though, I wouldn't hold your hopes up for a large scale retail development with discount retailers like Walmarts, No Frills, Food Basics etc because (1) the land is too expensive for big-box developers like SmartCentres to have tenants of that type and (2) retail developments generate less property value than high rise condo development, assuming our economy can continue to support condos

Back