News   Apr 30, 2024
 326     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 448     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1K     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the guy who spent $25 million on the penthouse is going to be pissed....:rolleyes:

When I was in the sales office a while back, I managed to get my hands on the Penthhouses price list and saw that top (80th floor) penthhouse was in fact available, despite it made headline news back then that the unit was sold to a Hong Kong business man; a real estate agent friend tells me that person recinded (cancelled) the deal and ended up buying on upper section of Aura (College Park 3)

Can Bazis just come out and make an announcement on the status of 1BE already?? all the guessing and rumours is getting annoying .... (as much as I want the current design to fall through and not get built)

If 1 Blows Est is in fact the condo Garth Turner is referencing here http://www.greaterfool.ca/2008/08/27/not-even-close/

"Another condo project was cancelled last week in mid-town Toronto. No headlines here. The media did not even notice. Just a letter sent to the unhappy people who wanted to live there. Many of them, in reality, did not understand how lucky they were."

...then wouldn't some of the purchasers/speculators who posted on UT last November speak up here?

I wonder if Garth is talking about the Minto St Thomas building on Charles?

just spoke to staff from Minto's 'The St. Thomas', their site is definitely a go ahead with construction starting in 6 months (I have great confidence in Minto :)) ...

now I really wonder what Garth was talking about, but again it depends on what he means by 'mid-town toronto', which COULD mean Yonge/Eglinton too, who knows ?? :confused:

"Another condo project was cancelled last week in mid-town Toronto. No headlines here. The media did not even notice. Just a letter sent to the unhappy people who wanted to live there. Many of them, in reality, did not understand how lucky they were."

There was a bunch of people here at the time that said they bought. Can anybody confirm they got such a letter?

Why would Garth Turner say such a thing without saying which project it was? Why would he hide it if it was a major project like 1 Bloor?

I would think that the cancellation of 1 Bloor would make headlines and/or we would know people who received letters (thus, for the 8th time, and for the 500th Borat reference, the rumour appears false).

Just read the comments on Garth's blog following the post re: condo cancellation. Here's Garth's reply to the question on our minds today:

http://www.greaterfool.ca/2008/08/27/not-even-close/#comment-5126

"#20 IN-TO on 08.27.08 at 3:26 pm Mr. Garth Turner,

Which midtown condo project are you referring to? If it’s indeed the 1 Bloor East project as rumored, could you please provide a link with some facts or possibly some additional information?

This is certainly something new to ponder if true.

Relax. Not yet. — Garth"

============================================================================================================================

I came up with the best solution: I just replied to the topic and asked Garth to confirm (via email) which project he's talking about. Waiting for a reply....

There is no way a project of this magnitude could be cancelled without a media frenzie. Purchasers would certainly have told someone and it would be all over the place in less than a day. Way too much fear mongering on this project

Oh great, now we get to have a Metropolis (Toronto Life Square) II: a corner of a prime intersection stuck in limbo for years, surrounded by ugly hoarding. Or maybe they'll build a stump of several stories so we can have a Bay-Adelaide Stump II.

So some projects were cancelled in Denver and Calgary. What does that have to do with 1 Bloor in Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back