Toronto Kennedy Co-Ops | 142.55m | 41s | CreateTO | Henriquez Partners

The RAINBOW VILLAGE folks got some coverage today - "Concerned about the CreateTO proposal, Kevin Kerswell, another resident, also said the loss of a Tim Hortons for subway work removed a key gathering spot. He sees others disappearing for condo projects."

I know this Tim Hortons well. It was busy.

I sympathize with them but some Tim Hortons are gathering spots for the local Ontario Works, Disability and Social Assistance recipients and provided they build adequate community facilities I do not see why this is an issue.

I know this Tim Hortons well. It was busy.

I sympathize with them but some Tim Hortons are gathering spots for the local Ontario Works, Disability and Social Assistance recipients and provided they build adequate community facilities I do not see why this is an issue.

The removal of the Tim Horton's is not related to the affordable housing proposed here in any way.

It was removed for either the Crosstown or the SSE based on the article.

The removal of the Tim Horton's is not related to the affordable housing proposed here in any way.

It was removed for either the Crosstown or the SSE based on the article.

I understand that but what I am saying is, if the affordable housing proposal builds adequate community space it should not be an issue.

That whole strip from Midland and Eglinton to Huntington (north side of eglinton) is being shuttered and quite frankly I am glad as that area is a bite of a sketchy dive at the moment.

There is now a low-traffic Change-dot-Org petition to protest against this HOUSING NOW site...

As expected in Scarborough, in an election year.

There is now a low-traffic Change-dot-Org petition to protest against this HOUSING NOW site...

As expected in Scarborough, in an election year.
Sad. It will be a waste of time for all naysayers.

Their full-colour flyers with the "SAVE OUR CITY" branding --- and the 'hotmail' Real Estate Agent / Mortgage Broker sponsorship are really all kinds of wonderful... :rolleyes:

SCRD_FLYER_2444_EGLINTON_202203.PNG
SCRD_FLYER_2444_EGLINTON_202203_B.PNG

The Paper version of the PETITION is also circulating...

SCRD_PETITION_2444_EGLINTON_202203.PNG

There is nothing that strikes more fear in this city than a high rise development in suburbia.... It seems putting in a LRT straight to Yonge St mid town is irrelevant...

CreateTO and the (confidential) proponent here have come to terms.

That from a report to next week's CreateTO meeting:

From the above:

View attachment 470003

View attachment 470004
Terms were later released - https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agenda-item.do?item=2023.RA4.5
The final proposed development will provide a wide range of City-building components, some of which were part of the requirements as set out in the Market Offering, and some of which are in addition to the market offering, as proposed by the developer:

• Providing at total of 612 (67 per cent) non-profit co-operative rental housing units with 50 per cent of the co-operative rental housing units being affordable rental.
  • It is intended that being a non-profit rental housing co-operative, that 100% of the rental units will be affordable in the long term.
  • Annual increases in rent for in-situ market tenants not to exceed the Provincial guideline plus two percent.
  • Achieving Toronto Green Standard Version 3 Tier 2.

2444 Eglinton Avenue East will be one of the largest affordable housing projects in Ontario in the past 25 years and one of the largest co-operative developments the Province has ever seen.

This proposal offers precisely the kind of long term, non-profit affordable housing stock so desperately needed, and will significantly move the needle in terms of mixed-tenure development typologies currently in the City.

1685142556915.png

Back