Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Our kid's favourite playground was always the one in the courtyard on the west end of this laneway (the "red car" playground), so we've walked through it many times. It has a lot of potential.

IMG_5121.JPG
IMG_5124.JPG
IMG_5123.JPG

Too bad the Silva Cells won't help the oil-canning I'm seeing in your pic @slicecom . But I guess the taller the trees grow, the more this building will be hidden from view, which is a start.
When this building (or hulk) was in the planning process, there were hopes for proper silva celled tree pits or trenches all up the Princess Street side of the building. The TTC vetoed most of them as there were two bus stops (65 bus). Of course, the route of the 65 has now changed and there are no south-bound buses on Princess. I am trying to find out if the streetscape plan has been adjusted to allow full tree trenching but ....

When this building (or hulk) was in the planning process, there were hopes for proper silva celled tree pits or trenches all up the Princess Street side of the building. The TTC vetoed most of them as there were two bus stops (65 bus). Of course, the route of the 65 has now changed and there are no south-bound buses on Princess. I am trying to find out if the streetscape plan has been adjusted to allow full tree trenching but ....
What a shame to lose out on those trees for no reason. The street is definitely less attractive now, and fears that it would be a dark, unwelcoming wind tunnel have pretty much come to fruition, at least for much of the year. That entire stretch of road is in terrible shape after years of watermain work and cement trucks, so I'm cautiously hopeful the street and sidewalks on both sides will be re-finished at some point after T&S finally finishes. The more trees, the better.

One of the few benefits of this hulk for the neighbourhood will be having wide sidewalks available on all sides of that block, what a luxury that will be.

Back