News   May 17, 2024
 988     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.1K     9 

LCBO / The Beer Store

Should the LCBO be deregulated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jeez. However did our ancestors survive! Those Wooley Mammoth carcasses didn't carry themselves.

As someone who tends to get things while out and does not own a car it's not as easy as you think to shop at Wal-Mart or No Frills without a bag.

Jeez. However did our ancestors survive! Those Wooley Mammoth carcasses didn't carry themselves.

No, LOL, but they took maybe a dozen men to carry; and worth saying, I doubt they smelled great when they collectively yelled 'Honey(s) We're Home, and we brought 'food'. LOL

Also I don't think Mammoth was all the breakable.

No, LOL, but they took maybe a dozen men to carry; and worth saying, I doubt they smelled great when they collectively yelled 'Honey(s) We're Home, and we brought 'food'. LOL

Also I don't think Mammoth was all the breakable.
"Alpha". A movie about shopping 20,000 years ago.

I have always used a small shoulder bag, and now I use it mostly to carry a large fabric bag wherever I go.

I have gotten mostly in the habit of carrying a reusable bag with me. I'm not at 100% yet and obviously one bag isn't going to carry a load of groceries, but I usually have at least the one in my pocket.

In winter the small fabric bags will fit in a coat pocket fairly easily. Not so much in summer when one may not be wearing a jacket and in any event the pockets are likely to be much smaller.

Again, I'm fine w/re-usable bags, I just find the ban on supplying disposable bags silly. Which, I used to reuse as kitchen garbage bags btw. Now, funny thing, I can still buy plastic, kitchen garbage bags which are just as disposable......

Last edited:
Yeah, we buy plastic bags now for kitchen garbage. Probably makes carrying my own bag mostly meaningless. We should focus on making it possible for people to walk to stores. 15 minute cities, anyone?

Simplest, fastest effort there (near instant results) is letting every supermarket sell beer and wine.

Then moving to cap store size so we get fewer behemoth stores and more local ones.

After that, you work on resolving key walking challenges (crossing 401 as an example) by both offering more connections and making the existing ones safer and more pleasant to use.

Have pubs next to parks and playgrounds, like they have in Europe. As the kids play on the swings, the adults can watch them from the pub patios.

Walter,

Are you serious? You come up with some absolutely stupid ideas but this takes the cake.

Can you not see how bad this idea is?

Walter,

Are you serious? You come up with some absolutely stupid ideas but this takes the cake.

Can you not see how bad this idea is?
Why? Especially if you don't have to drive far away to get to and from a pub. When you can walk.

Or should we ban beer and wine during your backyard BBQ while the kids play on the backyard playground of your home?

If you don't have a backyard, then it'll be tough luck.

Last edited:
Yeah, we buy plastic bags now for kitchen garbage. Probably makes carrying my own bag mostly meaningless. We should focus on making it possible for people to walk to stores. 15 minute cities, anyone?
I find walking any distance with disposable plastic bags is far riskier than with reusable bags or a cart.

Back