Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

driving down University tonight - there appeared to be several construction trailers now lining the Shangri-La site....they appeared to be raised up above grade, and are along the street side...so maybe things are finally starting to happen with this one....:)

I've been waiting for some news on it. Awesome :) Any activity is something!
I know that the excavation phase is not as exciting as the erection one but they HAVE been pretty active with the excavating in recent weeks - though I suspect they still have several more months of that to go. Does anyone know how deep they are digging?

I'm surprised no one has taken pictures of the excavation of this one yet. This is not a small tower by any means.

Drove by quickly the other night and noticed the staked overhead trailers but did not notice any excavation equipment,looks like its still on ground level with no excavation.

Maybe you should get out of the car, or drive by slower, since the north side has been excavated at least 8 feet the last time I walked by (a week or two ago)

I pass by Boutique and Shangri-La almost every day. There is a TON of activity happening on both sites. You can really see the scope/activity of these projects from Simcoe Street. Anyway, a friend of mine lives at University Plaza. Her balcony overlooks the Shangr-La site. I'll try and pressure her to take photos for me!

Back