Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
Thanks for the info.. but architectsAlliance better come up with something different.. seriously... they are becoming the condo cookie-cutter designers of the new Toronto

Had a look at the zoning application as presented by architectsAlliance today. Original proposal was for two towers of 58 and 48 stories connected by a 3 story retail podium/amenity space.

I hate to say that a few stories have been lobbed off the towers but they are still of substantial height. In terms of design, think 16 York meets Casa.

This should still be a fun project to track and to those who are doubting its completion - just you wait...

Originally it was for a 61 and 51 story tower.Is 58 and 48 stories the new proposal or are they going to chop more off.

"Thanks for the info.. but architectsAlliance better come up with something different.. seriously... they are becoming the condo cookie-cutter designers of the new Toronto"

I'm not sure about that since each one has some uniqueness, but if you stil feel the same way, they would at most be runner-ups to Kirkor.

Originally it was for a 61 and 51 story tower.Is 58 and 48 stories the new proposal or are they going to chop more off.

I know what the thread says Automation, but I am currently sitting in City Hall looking at the proposal myself - the towers are 58 and 48s. However, as I mentioned before, they will be stepping down from those heights to 48 and 44 respectively. They are still quite beautiful and project the same clean, sharp modernism which made this firm what it is today.

Perhaps you are referring to the initial 'vision?'

Yeah.. I'm beginning to get bored with Aa projects.. each one is very nice on its own, but there are just so many going on these days! they do vary, but very subtly, and I'm not doubting that the design for these towers may be very striking on their own... but I don't think it will really standout as extravagant seeing as a few steps away we have 18 Yorkville, The new Four Seasons, and U condominiums.

what excites me most is the prospect of the new street level. The current street level isn't very inviting, and makes walking past it pretty horrible.

but there are just so many going on these days

perhaps, two dozen compared to 1500 slabs? I think Wallman, Clewes, and whatever Bregman is doin' can be as busy for another 10 years and hardly make a dent in the overall skyline

At the Annex Planning Meeting tonight there was a brief update from someone involved with the project who said that the project was indeed 48 and 44 stories.

He also mentioned that the northeast corner of the site will include a parkette.

There will be a community meeting on September 22 about this building.

At the Annex Planning Meeting tonight there was a brief update from someone involved with the project who said that the project was indeed 48 and 44 stories.

He also mentioned that the northeast corner of the site will include a parkette.

There will be a community meeting on September 22 about this building.
Any talk on emploding the 32 story Four Seasons hotel.

nothing will happen on this for a while, aside from needing the necessary approvals, this hotel will continue to operate at least until the new four seasons is built

Back