St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front St East (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Oh wow! That’s disappointing! Do you have any photos you can share?

My occupancy date is in august and haven’t heard anything about PDI yet. When is your occupancy?
My occupancy is July 4th. PDI normally one month before so you should get a call to schedule this month. I have a few videos but attached one pic of my TV wall (only place for it) --

Re bathroom -- if you didn't upgrade the mirror, apparently you get what you get (was just a little disappointing). Will be replacing many things sadly.

Attachments

• Condo TV wall.JPG
    Condo TV wall.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 95
Definitely push them to get things fixed. Put it on the Tarion PDI form. Phone jacks may be a building code thing, and possibly data-enabled? Would need pics of said old bathroom look, but wasn't it part of the model suite?, or did they diverge a lot from that?

Definitely push them to get things fixed. Put it on the Tarion PDI form. Phone jacks may be a building code thing, and possibly data-enabled? Would need pics of said old bathroom look, but wasn't it part of the model suite?, or did they diverge a lot from that?
Wish I recalled the model suite but I certainly don't think it looked like this -- will try and post a pic or two. Will be on the Tarion form for sure....

My occupancy is July 4th. PDI normally one month before so you should get a call to schedule this month. I have a few videos but attached one pic of my TV wall (only place for it) --

Re bathroom -- if you didn't upgrade the mirror, apparently you get what you get (was just a little disappointing). Will be replacing many things sadly.
Condo TV wall.JPG

vanity.JPG

Thanks so much for sharing the photos!
Yeah that bathroom is pretty MEH. i was expecting as much based on their other recent projects.
very disappointing but i'll be looking forward to replacing that mirror and light situation asap!

your floors look nice in the pics!

i wish they had done the window frames in black on the interior (similar to the exterior) personally. a little more modern, but oh well.

Is this supposed to be your TV wall? Regardless, I can see your frustration. That's just a horrible way to design/place all those elements. The thermostat should be closer to the light switches, and the heat pump shouldn't be in the middle like that. One thing I always look out for when (seriously) looking at plans is where the heat pumps will be.

The washroom doesn't look too bad - the only thing I really don't like is how small the sink appears to be. The lighting should hopefully not be too hard to change, but I imagine you are thinking of changing the whole sink/counter/cabinet?

Is this supposed to be your TV wall? Regardless, I can see your frustration. That's just a horrible way to design/place all those elements. The thermostat should be closer to the light switches, and the heat pump shouldn't be in the middle like that. One thing I always look out for when (seriously) looking at plans is where the heat pumps will be.

The washroom doesn't look too bad - the only thing I really don't like is how small the sink appears to be. The lighting should hopefully not be too hard to change, but I imagine you are thinking of changing the whole sink/counter/cabinet?
the wall looks like a complete after thought, no awareness of how all that infrastructure fits in to the space. Instead of a tv could you do a projector on the ceiling with retractable screen? Expensive, but it would cover the wall without hampering access.

As for the bathroom since it is not a rental Cfish2655 can upgrade it to their heart's content - congrats and welcome to the neighbourhood!

Last edited:
I noticed a lot of units are already up and being rented out on the real estate listings! hope this building won’t be like 80% rented! On the plus side, good to see the high demand even with the economic slowdown

I noticed a lot of units are already up and being rented out on the real estate listings! hope this building won’t be like 80% rented! On the plus side, good to see the high demand even with the economic slowdown
This is clearly going to be a mainly rental building, as is Time & Space. The Unit sizes are really aimed at renters.

Hello guys I purchased the unit in this project. My question is the Final occupancy date will be my closing date or not necessary? Anyone else got the Final occupancy date but not yet closing date?
May be someone that closed on their unit already can share their case? Thanks.

I'll change the lighting for sure and add some wall mounted storage -- there is a gap between cabinet and toilet of about 4 ft!

Hello guys I purchased the unit in this project. My question is the Final occupancy date will be my closing date or not necessary? Anyone else got the Final occupancy date but not yet closing date?
May be someone that closed on their unit already can share their case? Thanks.
We will all go into occupancy and not CLOSE (title changed) on the property until the building is registered (likely 6-9 months away). You will be "renting" the unit from the developer until the building is registered. Your attorney can explain further if need be.

We will all go into occupancy and not CLOSE (title changed) on the property until the building is registered (likely 6-9 months away). You will be "renting" the unit from the developer until the building is registered. Your attorney can explain further if need be.
Thanks for your reply. But my question at what point I need to have a mortgage and pay last 5 percent downpayment and all the fees? At occupancy or closing after building is registered?

Back