Toronto Mirabella Condominiums | 120m | 38s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

First of all , you lot take waaaay too much out of your day to go to the extent to even hate on a project that none of you will even have absolutely ANY effect whatsoever on the final outcome. Let alone the fact that you guys actually keep tabs on the project itself .. i can see that many of the shots were taken on the property of NXT or intersection thereof.

Anyways I’m just laughing at how you lot can be so negative (toronto in a nutshell hey .. what did i expect lol) regardless whether it was an extremely futuristic looking, rustic, contemporary or modern .. or something ALL of you would’ve found appealing .. it wouldn’t matter because the atmosphere in this thread speaks volumes: Negative vibes. You lot would hate just because of the mere fact that it’s being built. Take the Absolute building for example, total flop in comparison to its initial hype.. what , because it was going to be super different and aesthetically pleasing? Esthétiques are compromised in the waterfront region because it’s on a completely man made land mass from decades of land infilling. So those two hulking podiums are required as a parking garage as well as stabilization to avoid the same mishap that NXT is supposedly going through with their parking garage restoration. Are you a contractor/developer? Do you understand the logistics entailed in this type of project? Entice me because apparently you know more than i do.

Now with that being said .. heaven forbid you need to see that building as you drive past every day for a minute. Like that concerns anyone lol and you’re scrutinizing about the colour of the building?? Because it will be grey ... like practically every building in the whole city LOL what did you want it to be ? Pink ??

Quite frankly, I find it senseless and redundant to even discuss what could’ve or should’ve been structured as the project is already well under way and talking about how YOU would want it doesn’t really matter (especially to the many people that have purchased a unit). So maybe just get over it and talk about what kind of retail stores that you’d think is best suited for that region as that will be the only thing you should really be worried about ;)

I personally think they should have all basic essentials such as coffee shops/dry cleaners, drug mart etc since that area has practically nothing within walking range proximity. Wouldn’t you agree ?

I think in a buildings forum, people are allowed to scrutinize the design of a building. it's ugly. Some of the pics have been taken from nxt, so what? lots of pics have been taken from the gardiner and from the lake shore as well so it's an odd thing for you to say. The fact that you're so bothered that people find it ugly is a little strange. The design is unfortunate for the location because it'll never be able to get buried behind other buildings and will always be in perfect view.

the project is already well under way and talking about how YOU would want it doesn’t really matter (especially to the many people that have purchased a unit)
You are correct, my opinion really has no impact on how this building will turn out. However, it doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to have a negative opinion about it. And it's fine to be excited about the progress of the building you purchased a unit in. However, it doesn't mean that you have to be an apologist for the building's architectural expression. Reminds me of someone in the Daniel's Waterfront thread that defended all of awful design decisions for that project, no matter how more and more horrendous the building was looking every day. It's almost like having a unit in the building gives some people rose-tinted glasses that make the building the most beautiful thing in their eyes. This is something I never understood. I have gone through the same process myself, having bought into a preconstruction. I had no illusions about how ugly my building will be. Once it was constructed, I still have no illusions about it - it is one of the ugliest towers ever built in Toronto. In fact, I suggested to UT editors that they should also run a "worst building of the year" contest, since my building would have won it hands down (it did come dead-last in the "best building of the year" contest in its category, deservingly so). All that to say, you can be excited about soon-to-be-your unit in a construction project. It doesn't mean you also have to like or defend how that building will took from the outside.
I don't think anyone in this thread is from NXT, so you can stop your insinuations that all of the negativity here is from unit owners in that building. It's kinda hard to take a picture of Mirabella construction progress without NXT being in the shot, because, you know, NXT is right there next to it. Plus, NXT has a very nice publicly accessible park space that provides a unique vantage point onto Mirabella overlooking rail tracks and the Gardiner.

You are correct, my opinion really has no impact on how this building will turn out. However, it doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to have a negative opinion about it. And it's fine to be excited about the progress of the building you purchased a unit in. However, it doesn't mean that you have to be an apologist for the building's architectural expression. Reminds me of someone in the Daniel's Waterfront thread that defended all of awful design decisions for that project, no matter how more and more horrendous the building was looking every day. It's almost like having a unit in the building gives some people rose-tinted glasses that make the building the most beautiful thing in their eyes. This is something I never understood. I have gone through the same process myself, having bought into a preconstruction. I had no illusions about how ugly my building will be. Once it was constructed, I still have no illusions about it - it is one of the ugliest towers ever built in Toronto. In fact, I suggested to UT editors that they should also run a "worst building of the year" contest, since my building would have won it hands down (it did come dead-last in the "best building of the year" contest in it's category, deservingly so). All that to say, you can be excited about soon-to-be-your unit in a construction project. It doesn't mean you also have to like or defend how that building will took from the outside.
I don't think anyone in this thread is from NXT, so you can stop your insinuations that all of the negativity here is from unit owners in that building. It's kinda hard to take a picture of Mirabella construction progress without NXT being in the shot, because, you know, NXT is right there next to it. Plus, NXT has a very nice publicly accessible park space that provides a unique vantage point onto Mirabella overlooking rail tracks and the Gardiner.

Full transparency, I was in NXT until earlier this year. I LOVED my condo unit and the amenities but the building looked terrible from the outside. It looked like i lived in a modern version of a slab apartment building from the outside even though my actual unit had an amazing layout, was completely functional with zero wasted space. Me being at NXT also did not make me hate Mirabella if that's what the above poster is suggesting (blocked views). My view looked out west so I couldn't even see Mirabella. I was actually excited for Mirabella and the idea that retail was coming to the area. I just wish it was better designed because NXT is ugly, Park Lake is ugly, Windermere by the Lake is decent, and Mirabella is ugly.

The fact that you're so bothered that people find it ugly is a little strange. The design is unfortunate for the location because it'll never be able to get buried behind other buildings and will always be in perfect view.
Bold of you to assume I’m bothered when in actuality you’re the one on a forum ranting about how ugly something is .. who’s really bothered ? Lol

If something annoyed me that much I’d forget about it and keep it moving. It’s as if you lot took it upon yourselves to become some board of directors of the “which building is the ugliest” committee . It’s like you all gathered here on a topic like “hey let’s talk horribly about a building because .. well because we can” lol pathetic . honestly it’s not even the fact that you’re sharing your opinions because you can voice your opinion . We’re all entitled to it but this approach.. this approach isn’t it .

I don't think anyone in this thread is from NXT, so you can stop your insinuations that all of the negativity here is from unit owners in that building. It's kinda hard to take a picture of Mirabella construction progress without NXT being in the shot, because, you know, NXT is right there next to it.
My « insinuation »is a mere presumptive observation conjuctive to the images shared in this thread . Now I couldn’t care less honestly if it were tenants of the NXT , windermere or even the daily commuters that have to succumb to mere seconds view of the building .. it all comes down to this one little detail that I’m trying to make sense of : If you hate it so much why dwell on it . Like ok ..We get it.. you think it’s atrocious .. but to constantly repeat it ?? That’s what I’m trying to make sense of . How about be less superficial and be worried about what’s going on the interior aspect of the building like amenities/retail stores etc? After all , it’s what’s on the inside that counts :p

ANYWAYS.. What i came here for initially was to find out if there were any others prospective parcels of land for sale in that region (besides the one adjacent to the west Tower (mirabella) .

Figured this was a nice little committee going on over here .. despite going through 23 pages of no positive comments but I guess all things great come with a high price : scrutiny from the most irrelevant of irrelevance lol

It took until the leaves came down from the trees for me to realize this thing is directly in line with the Humber Bay Arch Bridge and will soon form a backdrop to it. RIP pretty pictures of the bridge

PXL_20201121_153423293.jpg

PXL_20201121_154445594.jpg

PXL_20201121_154559530.jpg

Some other shots of how it impacts its surroundings:

PXL_20201121_154833493.jpg

PXL_20201121_154948527.jpg

PXL_20201121_155120607.jpg

PXL_20201121_155708203.jpg

PXL_20201121_155811341.jpg

The've started to put up the precast cladding. I almost didn't notice it, it blends in with bare concrete so well. It's a pinkish beige. I will leave the quality of materials and craftsmanship for you to judge.

PXL_20201121_155208094.jpg

PXL_20201121_155457109.jpg

PXL_20201121_155539444.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20201121_155252715.jpg
    PXL_20201121_155252715.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 213
ANYWAYS.. What i came here for initially was to find out if there were any others prospective parcels of land for sale in that region (besides the one adjacent to the west Tower (mirabella) .
The map page of Urban Toronto site is a good place to look for adjacent proposals. Nothing in the immediate vicinity of Mirabella, other than Southport Square.
2150 Lake Shore is another one you might want to check out.

It took until the leaves came down from the trees for me to realize this thing is directly in line with the Humber Bay Arch Bridge and will soon form a backdrop to it. RIP pretty pictures of the bridge

View attachment 284148

View attachment 284149

View attachment 284150

Some other shots of how it impacts it's surroundings:

View attachment 284151

View attachment 284152

View attachment 284153

View attachment 284158

View attachment 284159

The've started to put up the precast cladding. I almost didn't notice it, it blends in with bare concrete so well. It's a pinkish beige. I will leave the quality of materials and craftsmanship for you to judge.

View attachment 284154

View attachment 284156

View attachment 284157

Kill it with fire.

View attachment 284148

View attachment 284149

View attachment 284150

Some other shots of how it impacts it's surroundings:

View attachment 284151

View attachment 284152

View attachment 284153

View attachment 284158

View attachment 284159

View attachment 284154

View attachment 284156

View attachment 284157
This is going up fast, 3 slabs on the east tower in 5weeks (I believe)...full steam for sure.

Last edited:
More from the weekend…

The lithe and elegant whole:
IMG_2757.jpg

The beginnings of the svelte west tower:
IMG_2758.jpg

The majestic east tower sprouts heavenward:
IMG_2759.jpg

The regal cladding being applied:
IMG_2760.jpg

Surely this will be an icon of iconicity.

LOL, did someone at Diamante tell UT to be nicer to their shitty building?
No, I'm just trying to service @Siyaakelebek with the level of obsequiousness to which they appear to be accustomed.

Back