News   Apr 25, 2024
 21     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

An I-wish-I-was-in-Adelaide-Australia-instead street view looking West:

blahadelaideDSC00400.jpg

Boy, that Sheraton Centre-dominated view looks 70s in its washed-out-colourness. Maybe it's because of the Sheraton Centre, Sheraton logo and all...

With the FSC there does seem to be a lot of blank concrete/brick staring at us in that pic. Not that I mind open expanses of blankness or anything:rolleyes:

urbandreamer - good to see you contributing photos now!

ya, this beast is rising in a big hurry now! Totally blew past RBC - just shows you the efficiency of steel construction...

ya, this beast is rising in a big hurry now! Totally passing RBC - just shows you the efficiency of steel construction...

There's another reason as well. They are not using the crane to bring up cement for the core. It is being pumped up so the crane can be used for other things like the steel. At RBC the cranes have to do everything. It takes a lot of time to take a bucket of cement up especially as the building rises.

This one will top off first.

Definitely an exciting time for Toronto. Every time I come downtown BA is getting so much taller.

The-I-almost-got-arrested-getting-a-photo-for-caltrane....

True, the security in this building tossed me out on the street--Am I the first UT "terrorist suspect?"

But damn it, it was too great a chance to pass up so here it goes...:)

Outside in the free world:

Redroom Studios: Thanks! I had to have an excuse to get off my lazy ass and re-explore the city! It's a cheap camera but I've already taken over 2000 photos, maybe 2-3 good ones.:)

Back