Oakville The Insignia | 47.44m | 12s | Apache | Ava Janikowski

Memph

Member Bio
Reaction score
This would be a mixed use building right across from the SW entrance of the Oakville GO Station with 2981 square meters of commercial across 3 floors (1 floor of office/retail + 2 floors of office) with 29 units of residential on 6 floors above.

Two parking levels are proposed, with one being partially at ground level along Cornwall. There would be a lobby at the intersection of Old Mill and Cornwall, but otherwise it looks like there might be a bit of a blank wall, it's a difficult site due to the grade difference. The parking is supposed to be "screened", not sure what that means? Look at a blank wall isn't really better than looking at cars parked in a garage. 82 parking spaces would be provided, which is still barely half the required amount, but I'm fine with that given the location.

Apache looks like mostly a suburban office developer with half their portfolio being in Airport Corporate Centre.

Development Application (with rendering in Site Plans document):
http://www.oakville.ca/business/7093.html

Rendering
70OldMill_zpscad7634c.png

I like it.

But the prices seem steep for this location, no? Starting from $650 per sf. Suites from 1271 to 3177 sf. You can buy a house in Oakville just south of this site but west of the Creek for that kind of pricing.

Here is another good angle of the development, looking towards Lake Ontario. I really like this building, and hope it sells quickly.

16177604_1652604638373389_1228043964069037988_o.jpg

Residents will have a great view of the vast parking lot, and the multi-storey above ground garage at Oakville GO, immediately to the east.

C'mon GO, redevelop your wasteful lots!

Project has now broken ground. Also, according to the sales centre, it's 50% sold out. I'l try to grab pictures when I take the train tomorrow.

Back