Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

I gotta say the volatility of the market this past month and the scale of the tower with the amount preleased has me concerned on whether this tower will get finished now that ground breaking is imminent.

Another dimwitted retort. Who says anything about "owing"? I didn't force him to respond to my intrepidation over the speculative nature of this project (the lease is the minimum amount of space for a project of this scale and from the parent company) and the uncertainty that has risen over the last month with the hubris of a LOL/ emoji to which no one can reply. Let's be respectful of each other. Post something thoughtful and perhaps appease my apprehension. I know it's all virtual but, the hit I took these past few weeks still stings and I know I'm far from the only one.

Another dimwitted retort. Who says anything about "owing"? I didn't force him to respond to my intrepidation over the speculative nature of this project (the lease is the minimum amount of space for a project of this scale and from the parent company) and the uncertainty that has risen over the last month with the hubris of a LOL/ emoji to which no one can reply. Let's be respectful of each other. Post something thoughtful and perhaps appease my apprehension. I know it's all virtual but, the hit I took these past few weeks still stings and I know I'm far from the only one.
Buddy i've heard doom and gloom regarding the Toronto market from you for the past 10 years, so yeah no comment

Does anyone know what's the first thing the Developers have to do besides putting up the pedestrian barrier for this project? Do they have to tear down the building and keep the facade or start Shoring right away?

At least you gave a response. I can't share your blind faith with caution being "doom and gloom".. The housing market has been on a tremendous upswing over the past 10 years but, it also has been fickle. Last spring, there were about 90 days where prices skyrocketed by $100,000s only to crash back down to reality. A fair number of people lost when they bought but, didn't sell during those 90 days. These events happened all throughout those ten years sometimes contained in certain sub markets or city wide.

Buddy i've heard doom and gloom regarding the Toronto market from you for the past 10 years, so yeah no comment

Wouldn't that be like someone crucifying you for not only be optimistic about development beyond any rational metric, but also forever craving greater height?

How about we accept different perspectives up to a point; and if we feel the need to challenge one, we offer something resembling evidence?

Surely that's not asking too much.

The downtown office market is undergoing a literally historic boom right now.

Doomsdayish naysaying -- especially on this project -- is borderline laughable.

Back