News   May 06, 2024
 188     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 683     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Transformation AGO (5s, Gehry) COMPLETE

Speaking of vulvas, when I first glimpsed the hanging south spiral stair, it struck me as a little labia-like in effect...

really awesome construction photos from that link, thx.
seems as tho the reno was only designed from the inside... the inside is looking really awesome. it's gonna look reeeally great in there when it's done it looks like... the museum experience will be great. but the outside, yuck, it's looking like a messy pile of suckiness... not gonna look good.

^ Transformation AGO is one of those projects that really needs to be finished to reach its full potential. What is the southern box without the blue titanium? What is the shield without the glass and exposed glulam beams?

I think that once the finishing touches are applied, this is going to be a gem from the inside and out.

I thought one of the materials used for the stairs was supposed to be douglas fir?

I have a feeling that the interior spaces will be more interesting than the outside views of the building.

Cladding on front shield going up - gorgeous glass.. starting to look fantastc... anyone in area to take some pics?

I am not sure if these rumors can be substantiated or not, but I have heard that the AGO may be getting an aluminum facade instead of titanium. Now, part of the reason for this, I have heard, may have something to do with the how aluminum weathers- and maybe because of our climate it might weather better..Again, only rumors and nothing more.

With regards to the canopy...WOW!! It looks phenomenal, and I think many of us will be mightily impressed with the finished product- I know I am already impressed and it is only 50% of the way there.

p5

Back