News   Mar 28, 2024
 168     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 299     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 665     0 

Yonge-Dundas Square/Sankofa Square (Brown + Storey Architects)

I took the liberty of adding one word to your spot-on post.
No doubt about it. There's a huge difference between free speech and hate speech.

To the homophobic preachers with megaphones, you will get much better reception in Oklahoma City or Salt Lake City. Doing so on Dundas Square will attract knuckle sandwiches from those who are more tolerant. The truly tolerant must not tolerate the intolerant.

Last edited:
No doubt about it. There's a huge difference between free speech and hate speech.

To the homophobic preachers with megaphones, you will get much better reception in Oklahoma City of Salt Lake City. Doing so on Dundas Square will attract knuckle sandwiches from those who are more tolerant. The truly tolerant must not tolerate the intolerant.
I don't think that is the reason to ban loadspeakers. It is noise pollution regardless of the content of the message.

Enough. This has gone beyond ridiculous. Any further posts on this will be deleted, and some previous may be deleted too.

Sorry for biting that then. >.<

(...in all seriousness though, I shouldn't of gone there at all with that...no matter how tempting the troll is. My apologies. /bows )

Yes. The more the better. This the the place to do it.

The idea that there is a designated place for the crassly commercial, and entirely ugly is odd to me.

I see nothing redeeming in the current esthetic of billboards. Be they 'oldschool' or digital.

Every last one should come down, and the buildings underneath should have to be fixed up to be at least passable in their absence.

This place is so unbelivably tacky. But so long as we're committed to the tackiness, I don't see the harm in another billboard (I say this very begrudgingly).

I do wish we'd put our heads together and figure out how to use this space for any better purpose.

Back