News   Mar 28, 2024
 201     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     2 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Patrick Brown's campaign manager has left his team to "help Michelle Rempel Garner with her possible bid to lead the United Conservative Party in Alberta".
"possible bid"
So she didn't even leave to work on another actual campaign, only a possible one in the future.
In other words, Schnell quit, but found a clever way to not say that she quit.

It looks increasingly like his campaign is dead.

Last edited:
Patrick Brown's campaign manager has left his team to "help Michelle Rempel Garner with her possible bid to lead the United Conservative Party in Alberta".
"possible bid"
So she didn't even leave to work on another actual campaign, only a possible one in the future.
In other words, Schnell quit, but found a clever way to not say that she quit.

It looks increasingly like his campaign is dead.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Michelle Rempel Garner just announced she has decided NOT to run for UCP leader. That's all of 18 hours after Brown's campaign manager left his campaign to join her " possible bid". What a gong show. Obviously this is all bullshit on many levels here. I look forward to the insider stories coming on all this mess.

Last edited:
He shouldn't have given up his cushy mayor's chair in Brampton, but his ego got in the way. Now he's got nothing.

Yeah. Now with him pre-occupied with the CPC leadership bid and the old gang on Brampton Council (including a newly elected PCPO MPP) getting back together, it's become dysfunctional at Brampton City Hall again, after three years of relative peace. It's Brown and four more progressive councillors vs. the the group mostly made of the old guys that scuttled the LRT last term.

Reactions: DSC
Yeah. Now with him pre-occupied with the CPC leadership bid and the old gang on Brampton Council (including a newly elected PCPO MPP) getting back together, it's become dysfunctional at Brampton City Hall again, after three years of relative peace. It's Brown and four more progressive councillors vs. the the group mostly made of the old guys that scuttled the LRT last term.

Just saw an article today on CBC that Brown will likely run for mayor of Brampton again if it becomes clear that PP will win the CPC leadership

🤣

Just saw an article today on CBC that Brown will likely run for mayor of Brampton again if it becomes clear that PP will win the CPC leadership

🤣

That's pretty much for certain now. The National Post is reporting that Brown was just disqualified from the leadership race. Not good news for the CPC, not good news for Brampton (where council has become dysfunctional yet again, and the old-guard conservatives - the same gang that voted against the LRT - are trying to wrestle control) and not good for Canada, because that leaves Pee-Pee as the only clear frontrunner, especially now that the nominations and party membership lists are closed.

I hope Brampton’s local bars and restaurants take extra care when locking up at night, because Nick’s coming to town.

DA5DFA6B-3E39-4DF5-B878-25F1573EA419.jpeg

In answer to the Thread title (" What's the future for the Conservative Party?") I would say that the ejection of Brown (even if he gets back in again through court action) means it is even more likely that that ghastly Pierre Polievre will be elected. This will certainly move the party (further) right and probably reduce its election chances - particularly if Justin Trudeau decides to 'retire' before the next election. (Personally, I still like him but he has accumulated a lot of baggage over the last decade - some inevitable, some due to lack of attention - and electorates do like 'change' so I would bet the Liberals will do better in an election with another leader.)

In answer to the Thread title (" What's the future for the Conservative Party?") I would say that the ejection of Brown (even if he gets back in again through court action) means it is even more likely that that ghastly Pierre Polievre will be elected. This will certainly move the party (further) right and probably reduce its election chances - particularly if Justin Trudeau decides to 'retire' before the next election. (Personally, I still like him but he has accumulated a lot of baggage over the last decade - some inevitable, some due to lack of attention - and electorates do like 'change' so I would bet the Liberals will do better in an election with another leader.)

You might be on to something. Trudeau's agreement with the NDP runs until 2025, doesn't it? Depending on several factors, he might just "retire" by early 2024, giving the party enough time to establish a fresh leader going in to the 2025 election. I'd be a bit surprised if Trudeau stuck around for another election cycle as he'll have been PM for a full decade by that point, but who knows, maybe he's trying to match his daddy's tenure...

Reactions: DSC
So ... is Patrick Brown incapable of behaving himself so that he always has a scandal that forces him out of the Conservative party races, or are the Conservatives constantly unscrupulously using dirty tricks to force him out? It feels really strange that the scandal that forced him out as Ontario leader to clear a path for Doug was of a completely different nature from this new one.

Last edited:

Back