News   Mar 28, 2024
 539     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 833     0 

Website for Condo Feedback from Residents

salvador3

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is there a website where you can check to see what residents think of their condo? What I'm looking for is sort of like a review message board/feedback for condo's that maybe have some sort of rating system. Is there such a thing?

I'd rather check a website than go into a condo complex knocking on every door and asking what they think of their condo...

For me personally, i'm particularly interested in:

Radiance @ Minto Gardens (33 Sheppard)
The Boulevard (188 Doris)
The Pulse (5500-5508 Yonge)
Platinum XO (18 Spring Garden)

Is there a website where you can check to see what residents think of their condo? What I'm looking for is sort of like a review message board/feedback for condo's that maybe have some sort of rating system. Is there such a thing?
I'd rather check a website than go into a condo complex knocking on every door and asking what they think of their condo...

Many condos have websites but they are usually run by the Condo Corporation or the Management Company and I have never seen one where residents comment on the strengths and faults of their building.

Many condos have websites but they are usually run by the Condo Corporation or the Management Company and I have never seen one where residents comment on the strengths and faults of their building.

Yeah I don't really care about the fluff that the condo corporations put in their own website. I want to know what the residents themselves think about the condo.

I'm sure those who don't like their condo will want you to know that so you don't accidentally buy it from them.

Some condos have facebook groups and stuff; you could try searching there. Probably private though. Or look in the real estate section of this forum and see if the buildings have a thread.

For me personally, i'm particularly interested in:

Radiance @ Minto Gardens (33 Sheppard)
The Boulevard (188 Doris)
The Pulse (5500-5508 Yonge)
Platinum XO (18 Spring Garden)

You could just ask on a forum (like this one) if anyone has experience with those buildings.

I can give you some info on the first two - they've both been highly recommended by people I know who live (own) in them.

The third one, a co-worker owns in there. He thinks it's above average but also believes they are increasing the condo fees way too quickly for a new building.

No info on the final one...

Thanks for the reply Coltaine. I've actually got a few friends who live in the Pulse. They like it there because the units are more spacious and the it has open layout configurations. They didn't mention high condo fees but maybe because it's just starting to rise.

Radiance actually has high condo fees. I'm not sure how the new facilities being built for it's phase 2 counterpart (Spring) will affect the condo fees. The Radiance is real nice though, the finishes are pretty good and i like their layouts.

I like the boulevard but I'm concerned about hydro being included in the condo fees. Usually this makes people wasteful but ironically the boulavard has a lower $/sqft condo fee than all those other condos I mentioned.

Platinum XO i don't really know much about it but i've seen a unit there and I liked it.

I tried to get some info in the "Projects" section of the forum but my replies in the Minto Spring thread got booted out and moved to its own thread. So i'm not sure how the mods want to organize info here. I thought my question about shared facilities was relevant to the topic.

Salvador, I am pretty sure you have been misinformed about The Boulevard.
Hydro fees are separate and handled by "Carma Billing Services" or something like that.
Trust me on this. :)

BTW which unit are you interested in, anything specific? Is it one of the one bedroom lofts?

Salvador, I am pretty sure you have been misinformed about The Boulevard.
Hydro fees are separate and handled by "Carma Billing Services" or something like that.
Trust me on this. :)

BTW which unit are you interested in, anything specific? Is it one of the one bedroom lofts?

Oh really? Hmmm well the last time I checked a unit there (1 month ago) the treb info sheet stated Hydro was included in the condo fee. That's good then that hydro is separate.....having that ensures residents don't have any wide open windows with the heat blasting during winter :)

My timeframe for purchasing is about sept-dec 2010. Right now I'm just trying to see as many condos as I can so that when sept rolls along I'll know which buildings to focus on. Buying now is just crazy with all the bidding wars happening. The aforementioned unit I checked out int he boulevard was listsed for 280K 1bd, it sold for 310K wow.

Last edited:
The 1 br lofts @ the boulevard are really nice and unique - nothing else like it in the NYCC area.

also, you can't go wrong with the Shane-Baghai buildings at 16/18 Harrison Garden Blvd - extremely well managed (I read the status certificate from front to back) and a very fair condo fee (which includes everything).

Yep there's a site I recently stumbled upon called Suitebase (http://www.suitebase.com). Each condo building has it's own forum for residents. If you can't find your building, just add it to the map, wiki style. Pretty easy for condo gurus to chat...but it'll be a challenge to get all the residents onboard.

I think UrbanToronto.ca is the best source for that type of information.

Many condos have Facebook Groups where residents chit-chat about the building, so you may want to surf some of those Facebook Fan-Pages.

Back