556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 848     0 

Vaughan's aspiration of becoming a tourist destination

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Here's a video from Brenden Cross of Amusement Insiders discussing the City of Vaughan's plan to become a tourist destination:

The City of Vaughan is looking at having Merlin Entertainments (which runs Legoland Discovery Centre in Vaughan Mills), Ivanhoé Cambridge (which runs Vaughan Mills), and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (which runs Canada's Wonderland) construct new attractions in order for the city to position itself as among the premier tourist destinations in North America to complement Toronto tourism.

There has been speculation that Vaughan is discussing with Cedar Fair regarding both opening an indoor water park to rival that of the Therme indoor water park in Ontario Place and a sports stadium (most likely for York United FC of the Canadian Premier League, though a Super Bowl-ready NFL stadium or a cricket stadium are also considered).

I believe that once Vaughan develops itself as a tourism destination, the city could pressure the higher governments to fund a subway extension or an LRT line from VMC station to Vaughan Mills and even to Wonderland (and the future tourist attractions).

What do you think? Me, it's an exciting prospect.

Last edited:
I believe that once Vaughan develops itself as a tourism destination, the city could pressure the higher governments to fund a subway or LRT extension from VMC station to Vaughan Mills and even to Wonderland (and the future tourist attractions).
Just route a GO train up through MacMillan yard, and you're practically on Wonderland's doorstep. :)

Back