12     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 397     0 

US cities vs. Canadian cities generalization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another case in point is Calgary. What would Calgary look like if its same economic fortunes were taking place in the United States?
like phoenix, or maybe houston. apparently that's what you get when you're competitive and daring.

I don't think Toronto is any less racially segregated than American cities. You've got Chinese largely living in Markham and Richmond Hill, East Indians in Brampton, Jewish in Forest Hill, black people dominating some of the poorer neighbourhoods, rich white people dominating other neighbourhoods...

I agree, but ours happens just out of people moving into areas near their culture, and not out of racism. Also there are many places where different cultures mix here. You can go to Little India, etc and not feel out of place. In many American cities, only the culture that live sin that hood goes there.

Also there are areas in Toronto where we mix. In school for example I had classmates from all different backrounds. Yes my street was almost all white, but down the block was high-rise apartments with all different cultures, etc. So everyone mixed.

The segregation is happening more with 905 now, where no one is mixing up there.

But Toronto does have a tiny segregation problem. One only needs to look at Aurora to see that. Whites keep moving out as soon as non whites move in to their hoods. And that is happening here just like in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back