Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I don't know why this is a surprise to everyone. Literally of all the renders showed a greyish spandrel on the whole building. We haven't even seen the quality of the balcony glass to fully judge the end result of this. Personally I think these zebra looks are horrific, but, for those who may have liked what they'd seen in the renders, there's still much to be done!

Since I only lived four months in Calgary and am now back in Toronto, where I was raised and have passed much of my adult life, I fear any deficiency in "horror" on my part cannot be blamed on Alberta.

I don't know why this is a surprise to everyone. Literally of all the renders showed a greyish spandrel on the whole building. We haven't even seen the quality of the balcony glass to fully judge the end result of this. Personally I think these zebra looks are horrific, but, for those who may have liked what they'd seen in the renders, there's still much to be done!

No one is surprised. They actually wish they would be surprised by Canderel delivering something respectable.

Last edited:
Since I only lived four months in Calgary and am now back in Toronto, where I was raised and have passed much of my adult life, I fear any deficiency in "horror" on my part cannot be blamed on Alberta.

Not even after looking at this? :D My vocabulary would have been considerably more colourful than "horror".

AoD

I'm back and forth. The spirited optimism in that city is both attractive and compelling after a long bout in Toronto. It's not surprising given the most recent boom but, it has also continued since the energy bust.

I won't care in 25 years. My child will be waiting longer than that. It'll be held together with chewing gum and duct tape before a condo goes through with replacement.

Quite a bit of cladding on the tower portion:

35601051770_3bbb9f6d65_b.jpg

Look at all the little panels of glass of all different sizes. The whole exterior design is an afterthought to the unit layouts.

Back