Pickering Whitevale | ?m | ?s | White Sun Developments | Anderson + Associates

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
A 3-storey development project in the City of Pickering developed by White Sun Developments! The architect for the project is Anderson & Associates.

More information in regards to the project can be found here at https://mywhitevale.com/

Some renderings of the development:

Typical Block 1-Front_Pkg1_MEC.jpg

Typical Block 1-Rear_Pkg1_MEC.jpg

Typical Block 1-Front-Corner View_Pkg1_MEC.jpg

Typical Block 1-Rear-Corner View_Pkg1_MEC.jpg

So, hmm, I imagine this is up in what's considered Seaton, which to me has always just been farmers fields (some of my extended family plied the farms of Pickering Township way back when) but which over time has become Terre Inconnue to me.

So, is Seaton finally becoming a thing, or is it all still just a myth promulgated by 1970s New Town imagineers? Might have to make a trip out there again, but Whitevale is a quiet, olde timey hamlet in my mind and I'm not sure I want to disrupt my recollections of it…

So, hmm, I imagine this is up in what's considered Seaton, which to me has always just been farmers fields (some of my extended family plied the farms of Pickering Township way back when) but which over time has become Terre Inconnue to me.

So, is Seaton finally becoming a thing, or is it all still just a myth promulgated by 1970s New Town imagineers? Might have to make a trip out there again, but Whitevale is a quiet, olde timey hamlet in my mind and I'm not sure I want to disrupt my recollections of it…

I dunno but there’s a seaton mud run every year. Highly recommended

It's a thing. Below is Sideline 26 and Taunton (Steeles)

1649453880861.png

Immediately to the east of this:

1649454028486.png

Same as top, looking north on Sideline 26: (streetview July 2021)

1649454111742.png

Exact same view (October 2015) Sigh....

1649454253526.png

I have really enjoyed hiking Seton Forest which is just west of this spot over the years, acres of trilliums in the spring, wild ginger, ferns of every variety.......

Soon to be surrounded by sprawl. 😩

Don't mean to hijack, but I'm new here and don't see many developments in and around Pickering that I know the city is reviewing. It's it up to the user base to post and update new developments? It's this forum only for approved projects? Couldn't find anything like a faq or anything...

I find the map would be really useful to gauge all the development around the city but seems to be lacking for Pickering.

It's it up to the user base to post and update new developments?

More or less, yes. Sometimes management initiate threads as well, but most come from members.

It's this forum only for approved projects?

No. The threads created by members can be for a prospective project, or one that's been applied for to the relevant municipality. Sometimes members know about projects before they are officially applied for, and that's more than welcome.

But, there should be credible evidence (you don't have to state your source, but clear information, indicating what you know, as oppose to vague gossip is good etiquette)

Couldn't find anything like a faq or anything...

There's some of that type of information here:

I find the map would be really useful to gauge all the development around the city but seems to be lacking for Pickering.

The current way it works is that a formal application has to have been filed in order to create a database thread.

Only those threads with a database file are pinned to the map.

In general, threads involving projects in Toronto are prioritized; but there are many pins on the map from outside the City.

If a thread exists that you feel should have a database file/pin, and does not, you can request that from the Mods/Management.

If you want to track applications in Pickering (and start threads for any we may have missed here)......this is a good link to start:

If you click on the name of the applicant it will take you to the page about that application and any supporting documents which is what you would post here.

You do, however, need a minimum number of posts in order to start a thread.

Oh, and Welcome to Urban Toronto!

Last edited:
Thanks! Very helpful. This needs a sticky imo!

Is this done by creating a new thread and verified by staff?

If you create the thread, assuming there's nothing obviously wrong w/it, that stands.

Staff will endeavour to create a database in due course; even if you haven't included the link the application, though they would appreciate that as it saves them having to find it.

The pin accompanies the database file, so it is done by staff.

Thanks! Very helpful. This needs a sticky imo!

Is this done by creating a new thread and verified by staff?
One of the staff here.

We are gradually catching up with database files for new threads, but as many more projects throughout the Golden Horseshoe have been added over the last few months we are behind. To that effect, TODAY our second person solely dedicated to creating database files has joined our team. (We used to be able to handle the database work between a few of us, but hired our first full-timer on databases early last year.) The pin appearing on the map is dependent upon a coordinates instruction from the database file, so the lack of pins is related directly to the dearth of files in some areas. We will get there!

One more note @Coolibop — our software prevents you from creating a new thread until you have 20 posts. It's a system we put in place years ago when we were being besieged with spambot sign-ups to prevent chaos in the forum. The spambots are mostly under control these days, but the restriction remains in the coding, so hopefully you will find some other threads to engage in for a bit — we do have several in Pickering, and some in Ajax, Whitby, and eastwards, and we love getting construction updates, or getting a look at a site or sales centre if construction hasn't started, so if you have your smartphone with you and are moving about the area, photo updates are a great way to rack up posts (and Likes) — and once you've got your 20th post, you are free to start new threads!

Welcome to UT!

For most of Toronto proper, and especially downtown, there are so many users interested in those areas that information on pretty much any significant development is posted to UT comprehensively and often on a near real-time basis.

Out in the suburbs, depending on the suburb, there are often just a few, or in some cases, really just one or two members that do most of the work. But there are still many of us (myself included) that are really interested to track those developments. Right now, Pickering really is short of such a member, so if you @Coolibop (or anyone else from Pickering reading this) were willing and able to pick up the slack, it would be much appreciated!

I'd be willing to help, just gotta get those 20 posts I suppose! I'm familiar with the Pickering development site which lists all proposals and submitted documents /renderings. I like the idea of a map; I'm a visual kinda guy.

On google maps, it looks like construction for tons of new developments South east of here has begun. None of them have a post.
For most of Toronto proper, and especially downtown, there are so many users interested in those areas that information on pretty much any significant development is posted to UT comprehensively and often on a near real-time basis.

Out in the suburbs, depending on the suburb, there are often just a few, or in some cases, really just one or two members that do most of the work. But there are still many of us (myself included) that are really interested to track those developments. Right now, Pickering really is short of such a member, so if you @Coolibop (or anyone else from Pickering reading this) were willing and able to pick up the slack, it would be much appreciated!

other than on Brock Road it's entirely low-rise subdivisions so far, none of the high density blocks have really progressed as far as I know.

Back