Toronto Wabash Community Centre | ?m | 4s | City of Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

Until it gets inevitably deferred.

This place better come with a solid weight room.

Don't you work downtown and live in Holyday's ward?

Why would you be stopping here for a workout? LOL

New renders and site plans just dropped! There's a public meeting coming up for this on July 5 at 6:30 and an online survey to fill out: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...new-parks-facilities/wabash-community-centre/

Lots more images on the project page, including a bunch of interior renders. Pulling some highlights out into the thread.

9665-wabash-community-rec-centre-banner-rendering-e1686143969119-1024x338.png
8f36-wabash-community-rec-centre-rendering-outside-view-02.png
96c3-wabash-community-rec-centre-rendering-outside-view-03.png
8f16-wabash-community-rec-centre-rendering-sacred-fire.png
967d-wabash-community-rec-centre-rendering-square-e1686144761937.png
9694-wabash-community-rec-centre-site-plan-landscape.png

Looks lovely. I believe funding was allocated for construction start in 2024 (correct me if I'm wrong). Now if only we could get the pedestrian/cycling bridge over the tracks to connect with the Railpath extension...

Something I hadn't considered until now - with this "flagship" type of community centre being built in Brockton, I hope that doesn't render Mary McCormick CC a few blocks to the east redundant...

I was looking at some of the different maps/illustrations of where related projects are going in and around the new community centre, and I thought I'd try overlaying some of them to get a better sense of it all.

So I started with these

wabash1.png

And overlayed them as best I could:

wabash2.png

Here's a tighter crop of just the park, to make it easier to see what's moving what else around:

wabash3.png

It actually all displaced a lot less usable parkland than I'd thought.

Back