Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Let?

And a bit of an exaggeration. It's still far safter than crossing the street.
I’ll give you that…
So you make them be in cars instead, putting their lives at even higher risk?
This, in my opinion has more to do with our lax drivers licensing standards.

- - -

Why for the the first time has public transit been made so unsafe in the West… could it have something to do with policies about (not) prosecuting criminals?

Maybe @Admiral Beez would like to chime in. Afterall, the TTC isn’t/is selectively enforcing its own by-laws.

Ps. One thing I hate about the S+B faregates is that people can just push them open. The faregates (eg.) in Stockholm open to the sides, so you actually have to break the glass barrier. That’s why ”tailgating” is a serious thing there.

This, in my opinion has more to do with our lax drivers licensing standards.
It likely has very much to do with that. And an almost complete lack of enforcement, and not prosecuting drivers.

Ps. One thing I hate about the S+B faregates is that people can just push them open.
Can you? On one occasion I tried to exit the station through the turnstile, too quickly before the person entering had cleared it. Instead of staying open, it went back to the middle, and didn't give in the slightest when I accidently walked into it with significant force.

Why for the the first time has public transit been made so unsafe in the West… could it have something to do with policies about (not) prosecuting criminals?

There have been some high profile incidents, but it's still a lot safer than driving, which is basically the most dangerous thing any young person can do.

IMG_1814.JPG

Although I love the Union Market Idea, I feel like having small scale retail here is a little weird. I love the food stalls, that totally makes sense, but the retail just looks empty and odd

Although I love the Union Market Idea, I feel like having small scale retail here is a little weird. I love the food stalls, that totally makes sense, but the retail just looks empty and odd
There will be a small format grocery store here as well and the larger restaurants/retailers have yet to open. It's the limitation of the space, but everything being underground with fairly low ceilings and without any natural light just doesn't make for a great dining/shopping experience. But that's a personal preference thing

They are a growing concern for sure ... which concerns me. I like my craft breweries small and obscure. I'm happy they are so successful but going big and mainstream doesn't always work out for the quality of the product.
Collective arts has always been a fairly large producer - their main building in Hamilton is huge - they've never been a tiny little bottleshop:

1685114060120.png

They are a growing concern for sure ... which concerns me. I like my craft breweries small and obscure. I'm happy they are so successful but going big and mainstream doesn't always work out for the quality of the product.
Me too. Once they go too mainstream they go to shit.

See Mill Street as a prime example.

Collective arts has always been a fairly large producer - their main building in Hamilton is huge - they've never been a tiny little bottleshop:

View attachment 480151
I go there regularly, and it’s pretty much the only beer we buy. Maybe not tiny but still craft and niche. Mill St and Amsterdam are good comparisons. Local, niche, but then they go mainstream and it just isn’t the same.

When we first “discovered” them, they were still on Bathurst. Happy they were successful but we missed our dingy local spot when they became all shiny and new.

Back