Toronto U of T: Schwartz Reisman Innovation Centre (Phase 1) | 64.8m | 13s | U of T | Weiss/Manfredi

With respect, I disagree with @greenleaf about the landscape. It’s a weird configuration: benches that are perpendicular to the sidewalk and crammed quite close to the plantings between them.

The benches themselves are also, being made of grey concrete, quite uncomfortable.

We’ll see how people behave in this area, but I think it’s ill-conceived. Any thoughts on this, @Northern Light?
Shiiiiiiit tfw the city’s architecture critic disagrees with you. 😂

This space will be nice as the trees grow. I see it will be used over time as a spot for people here to eat outside on a break, to perhaps briefly sit and wait for the streetcar. The closeness of the seating means you could have a brief meeting outside instead of the office inside. It doesn’t need the full activation here.

Shiiiiiiit tfw the city’s architecture critic disagrees with you. 😂

You get used to it, trust me, LOL 🤣

This space will be nice as the trees grow. I see it will be used over time as a spot for people here to eat outside on a break, to perhaps briefly sit and wait for the streetcar. The closeness of the seating means you could have a brief meeting outside instead of the office inside. It doesn’t need the full activation here.

I don't think either Alex or I would quibble w/the idea of greening, or added seating; its merely the details here that could be better.

Popped into the lobby to take a look and discovered that you can buy a coffee and sit on a Danish couch in oh so minimal surroundings!

Taken 7 April.

IMG_0025.jpeg

Back