Toronto U of T: Lash Miller Building Expansion | 25.03m | 4s | U of T | Mikkelsen Arkitekter

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

70 ST GEORGE ST
Ward 11: University-Rosedale

The application will permit the renovation and expansion of the one storey portion of the Lash Miller building, adding an approximate 2,933.0 square metres over three storeys within the existing footprint at the northeast corner of the building. The proposed expansion will result in a total gross floor area of 5,121.0 square metres for the entire Lash Miller building, which incorporates an existing 2188.0 square metres of retained GFA.

lashm'.JPG
lashm2.JPG
lashm3.JPG
lashm4.JPG

Are all of the symbols being retained, or only those seven? It looks like the other ten are being replaced with a glazed wall?

At a minimum, I'd want to see the remaining symbols reinstalled on the glazing (it might like neat from the inside!), or have them reincorporated in the lobby

Massive funding announcement tied to the research initiative set to move in here.......

The largest federal research grant in Canadian History just given to U of T in support of this....... 200M

From the above:

1684250982236.png

1684251032685.png

1684251106619.png

It seems major construction is starting at the proposed renovation site. There are "permanent" TPZ barriers up, along with a road closure (the through road between Sydney Smith and Lash miller was always closed to cars).

Looking south at Lash Miller:
tempImageD9mOG6.jpg

Looking north west from St. George
tempImage0dpLS7.jpg

tempImageuGuKgz.jpg

It seems major construction is starting at the proposed renovation site. There are "permanent" TPZ barriers up, along with a road closure (the through road between Sydney Smith and Lash miller was always closed to cars).

Looking south at Lash Miller:
View attachment 509015

Looking north west from St. George
View attachment 509016

I see permits in place for all of the interior work, but nothing for the addition.

I see permits in place for all of the interior work, but nothing for the addition.
interesting, why would they be setting up tree barriers then? I've been at UofT for almost a decade now and throughout all their major building construction projects, fairly permanent tree barriers have been used (made from plywood, not the orange mesh stuff) - so I'm assuming these barriers are for the addition

interesting, why would they be setting up tree barriers then? I've been at UofT for almost a decade now and throughout all their major building construction projects, fairly permanent tree barriers have been used (made from plywood, not the orange mesh stuff) - so I'm assuming these barriers are for the addition

I don't know, they could be doing the work early as part of obtaining their building permits. I know UT wants to get this done ASAP.

Just checked, the SPA has not been given NoAC yet. (Notice of Approved Conditions)

They don't have their Site Plan Approval yet, so they definitely can't build anything yet.

Last edited:

Back