Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

i want to see a giant building like the deathstar. bigger than all the rest

lots of other projects are boring, just the same thing. 16 floors boutique condo, in Burlington etc.

20220302_122834.jpg

it has been a few weeks for the north towers working on pouring the 11th and 12th floor slab

any reason why it is so long? is that the floor with the pool?

it has been a few weeks for the north towers working on pouring the 11th and 12th floor slab

any reason why it is so long? is that the floor with the pool?
Yes. They've been taking their time with that level as it's the main amenities floor. Should go much faster above 11 as floors will rise in a thinner horseshoe shape up to the 17th floor and then just 2 thin towers above that to 29.

Is it just me or does the cladding on this section of the project look better quality? Haters gonna hate. But, as this comes together, I'm enjoying the aesthetic more and more.
Do you really think the overwhelming criticisms of this building can be summed up as "haters gonna hate"?

I don't think it's fair to downplay or gaslight the very real reality of the architectural and urban planning issues that surround this development (massing, cladding quality, cladding variations, street-level plans, etc.).

All of which are facts and not opinions.

Do you really think the overwhelming criticisms of this building can be summed up as "haters gonna hate"?

I don't think it's fair to downplay or gaslight the very real reality of the architectural and urban planning issues that surround this development (massing, cladding quality, cladding variations, street-level plans, etc.).

All of which are facts and not opinions.
what do you mean urban planning issues? I am new to urban toronto and trying to learn.

I know it is bigger than other places, but what else is wrong? I thought it is fine since there are other bigger condo building just on the north west corner.

I thought it can make more people so good for cafe and small restaurants. enough of the shoppers drug mart and boring places.

I'm happy that 1600 new families are going to be living next to me, but that is one butt-ugly structure, that's for sure.
That's a bit optimistic. Well, the first part. There's a lot of empty units these days in this investor driven market...either due to people wanting it empty, or to rent out for income, or something else. I mean, there'll be over 1500 people most likely in this bunker...but I'm not convinced there'll be a lot of families in comparisoj to the total unit count, simply due to pricing, sizes of units and well, this being a newer building.

Back