Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

That is my assumption. The parking approved for this development was for residents and their guests & visitors and, as far as I remember, having it meant they had to have above-ground parking because Pemberton were too 'mean' to dig deeper into the contaminated soil and thus had to install an impermeable barrier between it and the lowest layer of the building and there is only one (maybe 2?) floors of parking below grade.

Here is the Data Sheet:

View attachment 547367
How many new condos or newer condos have free visitor parking? Maybe I should qualify, closer to the core/events/office? How do they control the usage or over usage if it’s free? Just think of my future friends at Novotel/45 The Esplanade as they have a large visitor portion which I assume also means hotel visitor.

How many new condos or newer condos have free visitor parking? Maybe I should qualify, closer to the core/events/office? How do they control the usage or over usage if it’s free? Just think of my future friends at Novotel/45 The Esplanade as they have a large visitor portion which I assume also means hotel visitor.
I think many newer condos control visitor parking by having resident 'reserve' and then entry is controlled via "Front Desk' and an intercom that they use to screen people and open the door but I have not heard of any who charge visitors.

What is the cost of free visitor parking? ~$3k per year per parking spot? Covered by everyone’s condo fees or those who own parking spots and/or maybe a commercial allocation?

If you can gain an advantage of say $20-$30 per day for your “visitor friends” I can see those covering the annuals costs, (with no friends or for the environmental concise), might not be too happy. More applicable as the numbers get more expensive but still relatable.

I live in a condo with 3rd party rental parking building with no free visitor parking. I guess that’s why my friends and family never want to visit. :). It couldn’t be the traffic or my dog. I usually try to pay for their parking (for the ones I really really like) as it’s my choice to live here not theirs.

I guess this is similar to the pre-paid cost of free visitor parking.

Interesting. I just saw that sign go up over Bulk Barn while walking by on the weekend.

There is so much empty parking in the downtown condos, at least in the buildings I've lived in (which predate the fairly recent trend of really cutting back on the number of parking spaces).

From Commerce Court this morning March 21st.

20240321_123416.jpg

Back