Toronto The Yards | 113.11m | 33s | TAS | Giannone Petricone

@Northern Light

Bit suprised you didn't chime in on what appears to be the main public realm element/plaza (along with the TAS version of the "Spanish Steps" ;-).

I realize it's a rendering but... looks like a paved asphalt surface for the plaza, unless it's that soft kid-friendly stuff (wet pour rubber for playgrounds) ... otherwise ugh!

30012-139913.jpeg

UT

@Northern Light

Bit suprised you didn't chime in on what appears to be the main public realm element/plaza (along with the TAS version of the "Spanish Steps" ;-).

I realize it's a rendering but... looks like a paved asphalt surface for the plaza, unless it's that soft kid-friendly stuff (wet pour rubber for playgrounds) ... otherwise ugh!

30012-139913.jpeg

UT

It's not asphalt, I feel confident of that.

But in reviewing the SPA, I didn't see a material specification beyond 'Hardscape'. (possible I missed it, it's a big landscape plan)

Nothing like I expected. I was lead to believe it was more of a steel grating that allows material to sluice through so it can be collected and exported.

I never saw the place in operation..........but I know there were metal grates in there, I've seen those pictures, they've been removed. Whether they were at that exact spot I'm not sure.

1665170514136.png

That's from Torontoist: https://torontoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/rsz_the_equipment_fits_together_densely.jpg

I don't know if you want to see an actual kill floor in operation, but there are videos of that online.

I would directly link, but I think that would impose a preview many would find distasteful.

If you google "abbatoir kill floor"

The first link to come up is a Kill floor in operation. Not for the squeamish.

I never saw the place in operation..........but I know there were metal grates in there, I've seen those pictures, they've been removed. Whether they were at that exact spot I'm not sure.

View attachment 431354

That's from Torontoist: https://torontoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/rsz_the_equipment_fits_together_densely.jpg

I don't know if you want to see an actual kill floor in operation, but there are videos of that online.

I would directly link, but I think that would impose a preview many would find distasteful.

If you google "abbatoir kill floor"

The first link to come up is a Kill floor in operation. Not for the squeamish.
All my knowledge on meat production comes from this helpful industry video:

Sales will launch next year for 2 Tecumseth in the western part of downtown Toronto. The five-acre site is occupied by a decommissioned abattoir and is adjacent to a century-old garbage incinerator.

TAS is partnering with Woodbourne on the first phase of the project.

The proposal for TAS’ only scheduled condo sales launch for 2023 is to transform the site into a million-square-foot mixed-use development with five buildings, including condo and purpose-built rental apartments, affordable housing, commercial, office, retail, light industrial, community, event and park spaces.

Back