Burlington The Waldemar | 40.25m | 11s | Valour | Arch. Unfolded

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member Bio
Reaction score
20-173-PB---rendering-fo-420-brant.jpg

Used to go bowling in the alley it will be taking over, closed a few years ago. Building is gross and old so won't be sad to see it leave. Hopefully more of the block will be redeveloped

Advertised as “Burlington’s coveted lakeside address.”

It’s a kilometre and a half away from the lake which is conquered by mansions on lakeshore.

This building is surrounded by shitty strip malls….

Surprised to see this kind of cartoonish historicism proposed in 2021 - but if you drive around most neighbourhoods in the GTA it's basically the defining "style" of the metropolis.

The upper portion looks like the developer extruded a spec "luxury" McMansion with all the unnecessarily busy precast bits, the French "mansard" roof, the ill-proportioned, stylistically-discordant dormers, windows with awkward muntin patterns... it goes on. Truly the final word in aspirational '"luxury" & I'm sure it'll be a huge success.

Advertised as “Burlington’s coveted lakeside address.”

It’s a kilometre and a half away from the lake which is conquered by mansions on lakeshore.

This building is surrounded by shitty strip malls….
It's not meant to blend into it's surroundings though...but marketed too folks who measure their wealth in the glaringly superficial. Also see: McMansion. /sigh

(Also so note: Conveniently located retail.)

Looks like a Hampton Inn trying to present itself as a Waldorf Astoria. Are they really trying to show ivy growing on EIFS? Perhaps the renderings on their site are just low quality and the cladding will be better than what's presented here but I have my doubts.

Back