Toronto The Vic Towns | 16.52m | 5s | Solotex | Gabriel Bodor

One last thing I was wondering if anybody knows if plaza Corp will honour the previous agreement in place.

Without knowing for sure, it appears as though the project is going ahead as originally planned at least for now which suggests to me that previous agreements are still being honoured. This is based on the fact that marketing materials and floor plans posted on the official website are both in line with those for the original plans. Keep in mind the website was offline for most of 2020 until recently being brought back and updated in late 2020. I've also seen a few real estate sites updated as recently as December 2020 with up to date pricing and plans for remaining units that are also consistent with original plans, for whatever that is worth. Also Solotex (they still seem to be the 'face' of the development) has still been collecting deposit payments in line with purchase agreements signed years ago, so they are clearly honouring them at least to the point of continuing to collect peoples' $$$... shocking I know.

Thanks everyone for the sharing. I asked my agent and she confirmed that she didn't receive any commission yet. However, I just received the delayed occupancy notice that my unit is now scheduled for May 2022 occupancy. From the sound of it, new developer is honoring the old purchase agreements. Let's hope that it does get built as everything cost so much more now. It would be a pretty good neighbourhood to live given the close proximity to hwy and future LRT.

Any updates folks? Not in toronto and unable to check if there has been any further construction?

Received a letter from Solotex this week offering to allow purchasers back out of purchase agreements and get original refunds deposited.

Seems rather generous of them. Either they want to resell some of these at current market prices (though they are selling phase 2)

Or my cynicism can't help but tell me maybe this is a goodwill gesture to let people get their money back and is a precursor to an eventual cancellation of the project.

Either way I drove by the other day and no progress in terms of actual.building.

Received a letter from Solotex this week offering to allow purchasers back out of purchase agreements and get original refunds deposited.

Seems rather generous of them. Either they want to resell some of these at current market prices (though they are selling phase 2)

Or my cynicism can't help but tell me maybe this is a goodwill gesture to let people get their money back and is a precursor to an eventual cancellation of the project.

Either way I drove by the other day and no progress in terms of actual.building.
Absolutely they want to resell at a higher price. Costs to build have risen dramatically, so if they can see a way to make more money on the same product, they will offer it. If they have any purchasers who want out, it's great for those purchasers, but the offer is not out of generosity, it's out of a desire to make a little money. Nothing wrong with that…

Apr 3, 2022

20220403_171910.jpg
20220403_171946.jpg

Any updates beyond the construction progress video posted on their site? Did anyone receive any additional communication?

Any updates beyond the construction progress video posted on their site? Did anyone receive any additional communication?
Just got another notice of delayed occupancy - now pushed back to November 2023. With interest rates where they are I'm NOT complaining but...

Any updates on the other buildings? They show construction updates for building c on their website, but not others.

Any updates on the other buildings? They show construction updates for building c on their website, but not others.
Last time I went by I saw some progress on framing for Block A, which is the one between C and Victoria Park Ave.

Back