Toronto The Stack at Bayview | 29.1m | 7s | The Brown Group | Kohn

Interesting the tweet they put out ready that people were moving in has been deleted and reposted without that piece.

Very curious to see what "luxury" rentals are going to be priced at in Leaside. Any guesses?
$2500 for 1 bedroom and $3500 2 Bedroom is my guess

$2500 for 1 bedroom and $3500 2 Bedroom is my guess
Probably not that far off, although the square footage for the majority of the 2beds (750ish) is less than comparable places you could get for $3500 at nearby buildings. I also notice they apparently have a price on Brown's website where it says "From $1079" but who knows if that is accurate. https://www.thebrowngroup.net/residential

Probably not that far off, although the square footage for the majority of the 2beds (750ish) is less than comparable places you could get for $3500 at nearby buildings. I also notice they apparently have a price on Brown's website where it says "From $1079" but who knows if that is accurate. https://www.thebrowngroup.net/residential
Lowest I would see is perhaps $2300 for 1 beds with all utilities and $2800 2 Beds with all utilities. Anything lower wouldn't make sense.

The sidewalks should be wider on this stretch or they should've minimized the plantings...those take up too much space on the sidewalk. The details are lacking and the building feels very bland and 2 dimensional whenever I pass by, the street level doesnt help. But...it's good to see more retail (likely) being added here. (Architectually it's about the same quality compared to the previous building IMO)

From Bluescape CM's Twitter:

20220219_184234.jpg
20220219_184237.jpg

These are some of the worst floor plans I have ever seen. Put down my name 3 years ago and once I saw the plans I didn’t bother following it up. I rented at another luxury building without a pizzeria and grocer as tenants and far better floor plans and amenities

View attachment 436951

First time experiencing this at ground level, on foot. Dismal and bleak compared to the surrounding area's rambling, comfortable mix of shops and patios. "Too stupid to realize how bad it is" vib
View attachment 436951

First time experiencing this at ground level, on foot. Dismal and bleak compared to the surrounding area's rambling, comfortable mix of shops and patios. "Too stupid to realize how bad it is" vibe.
Agreed that it has less character than the fine grained retail storefronts in the area, however, the amount of articulation, including those little cantilever sections, and how that breaks up the massing, is actually dramatically better than what we typically get on the retail fronts of Toronto condos... I don't love this, but I could live with this on a lot more condos (vs the long walls of nothing but sterile unbroken glass that we typically get at the retail level)

Back