Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

From Bloor and Spadina on June 6:

IMG_8755.jpeg
IMG_8756.jpeg
IMG_8757.jpeg

Any chance the retail portion will open this summer or at least this year?

I am completely guessing here but I think they will not open the lower floors until they install the protective canopy on the 17th floor. This would probably mean they will not do till cladding reaches that floor and the climbing protective/staging platform moves past that.

I am completely guessing here but I think they will not open the lower floors until they install the protective canopy on the 17th floor. This would probably mean they will not do till cladding reaches that floor and the climbing protective/staging platform moves past that.
I agree. The other concern is the cement trucks lining the street (usually on Yonge) when a big pour is coming. I wonder how they’re going to deal with that - maybe by keeping only the Bloor entrance open?

I agree. The other concern is the cement trucks lining the street (usually on Yonge) when a big pour is coming. I wonder how they’re going to deal with that - maybe by keeping only the Bloor entrance open?
The concrete pump is on Palmuto so the cement trucks can lineup there or on Bloor. Other deliveries might have to be done at night after the retail closes.

UT front page stories keep saying that glazing is up to the 6th floor. I take it that means the ground level hidden behind white panels consists of 2 floors? Because I only see 4 levels of glazing above it/them.
Late reply, but yes. The store only has one level, but you can find level 2 south of it in the podium (as well as the ground floor of course).

Back