Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Seems they are using the curtain wall system as the envelope and insulation layer over the columns rather than blueskin and roxul .. interesting

Seems they are using the curtain wall system as the envelope and insulation layer over the columns rather than blueskin and roxul .. interesting
For the upper levels anyway. Which explains why the lower level is being insulated. The column will be within the building envelope above the ground floor, but outside it below that.

The curtainwall starts on the second floor, partly because of the overhang and partly because the ground floor has those monster panes of glass. So the ground floor panels are mounted to the concrete and need to be thermally isolated, while the second floor panels are mounted to the curtainwall so they're separated from the structure.

It'll all look the same when it's done, it's just different engineering details inside the wall

The curtainwall starts on the second floor, partly because of the overhang and partly because the ground floor has those monster panes of glass. So the ground floor panels are mounted to the concrete and need to be thermally isolated, while the second floor panels are mounted to the curtainwall so they're separated from the structure.

It'll all look the same when it's done, it's just different engineering details inside the wall
As long as the latter doesn't start sprouting bad mushrooms behind the curtain wall on a drizzly day where they would be forced to tear the cladding all down to replace it all. >.<

Today

AAB3080D-B04F-4E06-A416-E8BAA6CA4C45.jpeg

91471614-5487-447F-BCA9-0B0295D4EB70.jpeg

9E7CF185-F7B5-4AD6-9A4D-26FBA7AB1DA2.jpeg

I'm really liking that horizontal cladding on the south podium section. It catches my eye every time I see it.

Should contrast nicely with the tower curtianwall.

Last edited:

Back