Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I've finally made an account after watching this project everyday for the last few years, I also just recently moved to Toronto.

My career is focused on Structural Engineering. I've worked on high-rise projects in multiple cities, and done graduate-level courses and research. I'm enamored with this project. Every single angle and vantage point is fascinating - I'm almost happy that it's going so slow just so I can see all the details.

Thanks to everyone posting photos and updates, I look forward to contributing.

Welcome to Urban Toronto.

We look forward to your contributions!

(as of writing, already seen your first pics, and a fine contribution they are!)

I'm sorry, I disagree. Turning a blind eye to the financing because it has no bearing on the day to day activity is being very ignorant.

If a cartel from Mexico comes to Toronto and finances the best building in Toronto, are you okay with that? You'll just say you don't care how it's financed, let us enjoy the building?

Now before someone says I'm comparing this group to a Cartel, I'm not. I'm trying to make a point. The financing is JUST as important as the engineering and 100% does have bearing on the day to day activity.
To be clear, I'm not advocating turning a blind eye to anything here. Rather the information posted needs to demonstrate that it would directly effect construction of this building, such as work stoppages, minor variation applications and whatever deity forbid, insolvency. The rest instead should be posted in other more related threads as others here have suggested.

...as well as, I suspect the author of that post in question is likely aware of that. But they have demonstrated in the past there is not much love for all things Sam Mizrahi and likes to remind us of that fact so often. So there's that.

Today.
D3FFFB5B-6DAE-4DA6-B04D-F4A13611C778.jpeg
2EC5ADF5-0DD6-4EBB-A03D-AA0EF8CE5322.jpeg
3702834A-D640-4B84-9EB0-045C24A60438.jpeg
BB884DF8-EDD3-4EAC-B417-A1FE81B1A672.jpeg
D011B1D7-2A9F-40FD-A141-2EF3C70A2359.jpeg
5847A98D-EC3F-4473-B5C0-764E417ABDD7.jpeg
0E34BBFA-1647-4F26-8C1A-45BD8EAE8800.jpeg
A5C7BBBF-3572-485D-9F36-EAC3FB7A31DC.jpeg
238573B6-ED17-4280-88D0-7FF79D7CEDA2.jpeg
C2D6503E-610B-48C1-BD4B-A339566A4837.jpeg

To be clear, I'm not advocating turning a blind eye to anything here. Rather the information posted needs to demonstrate that it would directly effect construction of this building, such as work stoppages, minor variation applications and whatever deity forbid, insolvency. The rest instead should be posted in other more related threads as others here have suggested.

...as well as, I suspect the author of that post in question is likely aware of that. But they have demonstrated in the past there is not much love for all things Sam Mizrahi and likes to remind us of that fact so often. So there's that.
Fair enough and sorry for making the wrong assumptions!

By the way, I LOVE Sam Mizrahi :) I actually spoke to him personally and he did something for me that I am very grateful for. I have nothing but respect for the man and he's the entrepreneur I look up to as a young developer. I blame most of his "financial problems" on his first partner and knowing that partner on a level others on here don't, they take "revenge" very seriously. Unfortunately, Sam even feared for his life at one point. So he's overcome a lot of things and to see him coordinate this project, is just remarkable.

Fair enough and sorry for making the wrong assumptions!

By the way, I LOVE Sam Mizrahi :) I actually spoke to him personally and he did something for me that I am very grateful for. I have nothing but respect for the man and he's the entrepreneur I look up to as a young developer. I blame most of his "financial problems" on his first partner and knowing that partner on a level others on here don't, they take "revenge" very seriously. Unfortunately, Sam even feared for his life at one point. So he's overcome a lot of things and to see him coordinate this project, is just remarkable.
If you have that kind of respect for him, good for you. For me...he is what he is. That is, passionate about his developments...but a little fast and loose with his dealings, to put in mildly. But that's not what's really is important here. Instead, he seems to be delivering on this project much better than many expected I gather, as the evidence of that currently sits and grows before us. We can only hope for the sake of everyone involved that keeps going...and I suspect it probably will. And that's all I am going to say about that for now. 😸

Last edited:
My second post - on my Flickr account, I have several albums dedicated to this project. One is a weekly "time lapse" from the NE corner... Starting in October 2020, virtually every week since.
Not sure if links are allowed, but here it is to the weekly time-lapse album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jer1961/albums/72157718725607562
Some samples, at near-annual increments - first shot is Oct 23 2020, second is Oct 23, 2021, third is this past Friday, Oct 21, 2022

1 Bloor Oct 23 2020.jpeg
1 Bloor Oct 23 2021.jpeg
1 Bloor Oct 21 2022.jpeg

Here is my last post for the moment, a link to my Flikr folder on this project, going back to early 2020. Some 270 photos. Presumably many similar shots within this thread, but all in one place with my albums! https://www.flickr.com/photos/jer1961/albums/72157716595492308

Here are four from the album.
1 Bloor Jan 29 2021.jpeg

The first one is Jan 29, 2021.
1 Bloor Aug 13 2021.jpeg

The second on is from Aug 13, 2021, one of the massive ground-floor panes of glass being lowered
1 Bloor Oct 14 2022.jpeg

The third was Oct 14, 2022... as 1 Bloor W starts to make its presence known...
1 Bloor Sept 30 2022.jpeg

The final shot, Sept 30, 2022, as 1 Bloor W starts to become visible south on Yonge Street, this taken north of Gould

Attachments

• 1 Bloor Sept 30 2022.jpeg
    1 Bloor Sept 30 2022.jpeg
    655.4 KB · Views: 55
I was actually thinking fish eye lens, but I doubt many people would have one.
Unless there's an App for that (?)
The graphics app I use on my laptop has a fisheye effect. I have no idea what modern cameras have. I'd guess an expensive one has everything you can think of, and some things you can't think of.

Back