▼View All Properties

427 ADELAIDE ST E
435 ADELAIDE ST E
254 KING ST E
256 KING ST E
260 KING ST E
266 KING ST E
157 PRINCESS ST

"The proposed mixed use redevelopment consists of 2 multi storey residential towers atop a stepped podium with a total height of 32 storeys (107 m). The towers are connected by bridge elements from floors 12 to 21 and floors 26 to 31 which will be used for amenity space. A total of 938 residential units are proposed with a total gross floor area of 61,500 m2, the podium provides 3500 m2 of retail/commercial uses. Parking for 259 vehicles and 938 bicycle will be provided on 3 levels of underground parking."

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,553
Last edited by a moderator:
A number of firms / developers were making proposals for this block back in August. It'll be interesting to see which team actually moved forward on the properties.

I think the storefronts facing onto King will remain in some shape or form, but the warehouse building has some interesting elements to it (along the side and back walls) that I hope are retained.

The surface parking sucks, but these buildings are home to some very interesting media businesses, including a 3D animation studio, award-winning music production, a movie studio, an advertising firm, and a software company. There's also a fairly under-the-radar Neapolitan pizza place on Ontario street.

Big potential loss to the character of the neighbourhood if these creative and diverse jobs are displaced by a condo.

I think the storefronts facing onto King will remain in some shape or form, but the warehouse building has some interesting elements to it (along the side and back walls) that I hope are retained.
From a rendering I saw, the stores at King & Princess appear to remain and the height is all along Adelaide Street but it was unclear how much of the warehouse buildings they intend to retain. Of course all are listed so ....

It looks like a wobbly pair of legs from an 80's Transformer toy.
My immediate thoughts as well.
There's something just "off" about it to me. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe the height? Maybe the long flatness of the inner part of the "legs"? I don't know, but me no like.

Back