Hamilton Television City | ?m | 32s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

oof. that podium level looks rough. I wanna see more details.

I mean it's aA, so I'm sure it'll be fine, but the rendering doesn't look great.

Ask and ye shall receive.

TVC_Rendering_Ext_Podium.jpg

Image source: received an email from Lamb Dev with a link to the information portal on the Television City website

Also, since there isn't a real estate forum post for this one linked (and the database link is broken, FYI mods), I'll leave these floorplate diagrams here.

Levels 3 through 30:
1645076757636.png

Levels 31 and 32:
1645076798810.png

As per the latest and nearly identically composed email from Lamb Dev, construction is now expected to begin this Autumn instead.

Article from Sept 2022:

Looks like this website has the content of the article available (behind the paywall):

The developer of Television City – two 32-story apartment towers in Hamilton’s Durand neighborhood – expects the delayed project to be built in late 2026.

And the preservation of a 172-year-old stone house on the former CHCH TV lot at Jackson Street West at Caroline Street South is part of the plan.

“This particular project is beautiful. It will be the most beautiful high-rise development in the city by far,” Brad Lamb told The Spectator of the 642-unit plan.

The hope is to demolish the former 1980s CHCH television studio building attached to the 1850 Grade II listed house this year, the Toronto-based developer said.

With a goal of starting construction thereafter, the project is expected to be “complete and occupied” by the end of 2026, Lamb said.

---------
“The building is basically sold out,” Lamb said, noting prices range from about $500,000 to $2 million.

The project received the city’s conditional site plan approval last year but has yet to be completed, he said.

Television City wasted time “arm wrestling with city politics,” but it’s also “sort of a refugee from COVID,” Lamb said, noting that the pandemic has also slowed the project.

Amid delays and rising costs, the company returned deposits to an initial cohort of potential buyers before resuming sales.

“It currently costs 25 percent more to build than the original sale,” Lamb said, noting that the increased project costs made financing more difficult.

Most recent news on this project, as far as I’m aware, is that about two weeks ago, the Hamilton Municipal Heritage Committee approved the Heritage Permit necessary to demolish the old CHCH station building, stabilize the Pinehurst Manor, and build the small glass addition at the back.

There were a few interesting tidbits in the documents that went along with the Permit, I’ll bring them forward when I have the chance (or someone else can in the meantime.

They still need their regular demolition permit issued, according to the City’s building permit webpage, but hopefully we see work start here as soon as everything is issued.
FC006105-3A43-4C9B-A76A-CE8D51B6B989.jpeg

There will be a removal of 13 Trees 🌲 on Television City site starting tomorrow in order of demolition permit for 3 storey former CHCH building.

Heres a timeline
- Fences has been set up around former CHCH building last month
- Heritage building permit granted
- The Building for two condos has been approved
- Construction will start in Spring/Summer 2023

I was Riding the bike two days ago and saw the telecon vehicle parked for removal of live fibre cables around former CHCH building

Back