Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 2) | 299m | 90s | Menkes | a—A

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 3.22.07 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 3.21.33 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 3.21.48 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 3.22.26 PM.jpg

so depressing seeing every bit of history torn down in this city. so much more of this could have been retained and turned into something special. its just laziness of not wanting to engineer more retention of the original structure. it can be done. now its gone forever.

Sorry I'm still catching up on old news here. Is this the phase in which the new Lakeshore elementary school will be located? Will it be in the envelope of the old LCBO building?

Sorry I'm still catching up on old news here. Is this the phase in which the new Lakeshore elementary school will be located? Will it be in the envelope of the old LCBO building?
Yes. In the south end of the podium and north of the new harbour street.
From renderings in the project database.
IMG_0496.jpeg

Edit. Added site plan application floor plan. see Jan 2022 posts for more info. Opening 2024/2025 school year. Haha.
IMG_0497.jpeg

Last edited:
I think they're waiting on a purchaser quota to be met before they fully start with this.

Where can I find what the updated timeline is for the middle building construction? Just wondering when my view of the waterfront will be completely blocked out :)

Where can I find what the updated timeline is for the middle building construction? Just wondering when my view of the waterfront will be completely blocked out :)
Have sales started yet? If not, maybe it will be rentals? Did I miss something?

I haven’t heard if they are building one tower at a time or all three at once.
My guess is two years from start of construction to blocking your view.

Have sales started yet? If not, maybe it will be rentals? Did I miss something?

I haven’t heard if they are building one tower at a time or all three at once.
My guess is two years from start of construction to blocking your view.
From some of the press materials it seems to indicate that set back middle building is “future residential”. So I was wondering if, as you say, they are planning on building all three at once?

I also think the school is in the base of that 3rd building? If so, my guess is that the building and base would be prioritized. I can’t imagine they would open the school and only later choose to build on top.

Back