Toronto Station Square + Park Lawn Gardens | ?m | 66s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

I'm not expecting anything stellar, but even if the design and materials aren't perfect, I think it's promising. It's not just a collection of glass boxes, there's both colour and height variation and ground level also doesnt get the soulless glass podium treatment, but instead more texture, colour and landscaping.

All in all I'm quite optimistic. Also has a nostalgic homey vibe for me as well for some reason. Reminds me of my Hong Kong days.

Does anyone happen to know what is the plan for the Park Lawn GO Station? My understanding is that is was to be built as part of the first phase of 2150 Lake Shore (which would be Station Square + Park Lawn Gardens).
I cannot find any updated information on the 2150 Lake Shore website, anyone have any idea on what the timeline might be for the GO Station? It would be amazing for the community, and I believe its construction was one of the conditions for the redevelopment of the former Christie site

Does anyone happen to know what is the plan for the Park Lawn GO Station? My understanding is that is was to be built as part of the first phase of 2150 Lake Shore (which would be Station Square + Park Lawn Gardens).
I cannot find any updated information on the 2150 Lake Shore website, anyone have any idea on what the timeline might be for the GO Station? It would be amazing for the community, and I believe its construction was one of the conditions for the redevelopment of the former Christie site
Yes, the station being opened is a prerequisite of the first residences opening. Metrolinx are building the station though, and I am not aware of anything concrete from them re: timelines yet. You can be certain though that First Capital and Pemberton want to get going on this site, so there would be activity behind the scenes to move the GO station planning along.

Yes, the station being opened is a prerequisite of the first residences opening. Metrolinx are building the station though, and I am not aware of anything concrete from them re: timelines yet. You can be certain though that First Capital and Pemberton want to get going on this site, so there would be activity behind the scenes to move the GO station planning along.

From the Allies and Morrison project brief..." the project is intended to be delivered in six phases with the first phase anticipated for approval and construction start in 2024. Estimated completion for the new Lake Shore GO train station is 2026"

This is from BlogTO today. https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/11/brand-new-transit-station-coming-toronto-fastest-growing-area/

I know the plan for Park Lawn GO is to have alternating stops (here and Mimico), so a train every hour? Not sure why the city thinks that's good enough here.

I know the plan for Park Lawn GO is to have alternating stops (here and Mimico), so a train every hour? Not sure why the city thinks that's good enough here.
First, no that is not the plan anymore. Second, by the time the station opens, the LSW line will have 15 min service again (which it already did last summer).

am I mad or is there a new SPA on the AIC? I'm seeing a lot of new renders in it submitted october 5th. at first it seemed like it was just the GO station but im seeing more material in here that i'm not sure i've seen before

i clicked on the block context plan and it's like 220 pages... these guys are animals

edit: it might have been a resubmission, carry on.

but they do have new stuff for sure in there. i see a new 540 page traffic study. if you like reading, 2150 lake shore is the project for you!

Last edited:
am I mad or is there a new SPA on the AIC? I'm seeing a lot of new renders in it submitted october 5th. at first it seemed like it was just the GO station but im seeing more material in here that i'm not sure i've seen before

i clicked on the block context plan and it's like 220 pages... these guys are animals

edit: it might have been a resubmission, carry on.

but they do have new stuff for sure in there. i see a new 540 page traffic study. if you like reading, 2150 lake shore is the project for you!
The latest architectural stuff I'm seeing is from April 2022. I believe the app file you're seeing is for the new Park Lawn GO Station which contains some snippets from the April material.

Looks like they started working on the site. I am seeing some machinery making paths. They also put up a mobile office on the parking lot.

Last edited:
Looks like they started working on the site. I am seeing some machinery making paths. They also put up a mobile office on the parking lot.

No permits pulled yet, or even applied for; from the City.

So it's not actual building work.

Could be environmental work? Not sure.

Wouldn't that be ironic for pink to make a comback after the last of the 1990s pinks and greens have been stripped from malls/ public spaces for white on white on .... white.

The conversation is over colour as the designs are rather boring

Back