Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

There is a loading space right behind the parking ramps - shared with St. Lawrence Hall to the north. And from what I can see in the plans - trucks can actually enter/exit the ground floor market hall via Lower Jarvis as well.

AoD
That is true, trucks can drive right in. This is from the July meeting minutes of the St Lawrence market Precinct Advisory Committee: "A question was asked about the truck and vehicle in/out access to the building from Jarvis Street (specifically for the farmers).
*The entry and exit points will be similar to the previous North Market building and farmers are able to drive into the main floor space through the overhead door from Jarvis Street o Vehicles coming out of the parking exit ramp will not have controlled signals but there will be mirrors at the pedestrian crossover
*A paid duty officer can be scheduled for Saturdays to control vehicle/pedestrian traffic if required

IMG_5770.JPG
IMG_5774.JPG
IMG_5775.JPG
IMG_5777.JPG
IMG_5778.JPG
IMG_5795.JPG

Last edited:
I am loving watching this go up and cheers to those posting pics.

It is a bit smaller/shorter than I imagined it to be (although I realize that the heights of the floors are perfectly normal). I secretly wish this was a bit taller and bigger, given its unique (and hopefully fantastic) architecture.

Reactions: neo
I am loving watching this go up and cheers to those posting pics.

It is a bit smaller/shorter than I imagined it to be (although I realize that the heights of the floors are perfectly normal). I secretly wish this was a bit taller and bigger, given its unique (and hopefully fantastic) architecture.
You seem to equate larger size with being "better' - it was designed to fit into its precinct.

Sooo, did they just decide that’s good enough for the year? Did ikea send the wrong parts? The initial thrill of seeing things go up so quickly now dissipating…

There does appear no further movement on the standing structures since Sept 12. Not sure that means anything problematic though...as from anecdote of watching The One painstakingly develop over the last few years, they are probably working other critical areas of this project where it's not been readily visible to us via these photos. /shrug

Yes, progress has been amazingly slow of late but they only seem to have a very small crew on site working on the steelwork. They spent the last 2 weeks attaching the cross beams into the two 'front structures'. I too had hoped to see more columns raised and the eastern set of 'eyebrows' added but maybe next week......

Back