E

Ed007Toronto

Spire
SpireRender(1).jpg

SpireRender(2).jpg

SpireRender(3).jpg

Developer: Context
Architect: architectsAlliance
Planning Docs: www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2003/agendas/committees/to/to030708/it014a.pdf
Designation: Residential
Expected Occupancy: 2006
Height: 476ft
Floors: 47
Size:
Value:

http://context.ca/pages/spire/interactive_pano.htm

42 Floors and Counting

Getting close to topping out.
Spire-July15,06(1).jpg

Painted balconies
Spire-July15,06(2).jpg

Lowrise cladding
Spire-July15,06(4).jpg

Spire-July15,06(9).jpg

Spire-July15,06(22).jpg

Spire-July15,06(29).jpg

Re: 42 Floors and Counting

What a difference those painted balconies make.

Thanks for the pics Ed.

AoD

I especially enjoy the last pic - with Spire behind the spire it was named after.

This building looks amazing as you approach from the Gardiner. I haven't seen a photo from that perspective yet, but as you drive from the East, it blocks part of the North side of MINT (Bay-Adelaide). So at least until Bay-Adelaide shows up, Spire makes the angle a lot more interesting.

The crane there and at College Park were doing some excellent syncronized weathervaning in the wind last night. It was the first time I'd noticed they both have aircraft warning lights on them, now that they are up so high.

The balconies are somewhat invisible from a distance. I sort of expected Spire to be a little skinnier...maybe after 1 King West, anything that's not Nicole Richie thin just doesn't register as impressive. Another 10-15 stories and it would look absurdly spire-like.

1 King only looks anorexic from due north and due south - other than that it's just a tall building with poorly resolved design details. Spire is elegant from all angles.

Spire makes 1 King look better by blocking some of it from the east view.

Im not sure if I like the yellow panels, but for some reason it seems to work with this project.

Great pics Ed.

Does anybody know what's going in the base? Retail? Restaurants?

Spire creates a little more interest looking down Church St. too.

I like the panels. It's an elegant building without them, but they add a little something different.

Back