Toronto Selene at Metrogate | 96.31m | 31s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Tridel has submitted OPA and ZBA applications to convert the previously proposed office building (east of 35s Avani1, north of 30s Ventus2) into another residential tower within the Metrogate community, total unit count in the community increasing from the original 2,100 units, up to 2,237 from previous variances, and now further up to 2,700 units.

Architect is G+C. Unfortunately the concept plans shows something that is perhaps the worst designed and uninspiring building seen to-date in Metrogate (sorry I'm still biased for Solaris :p)

Preliminary Report from City Planning is to be considered by Planning and Growth Management Committee on February 24, 2015

Proposal description

32 storey (94 metres) residential apartment building (condominium) with 450 dwelling units is proposed above a two storey podium. The proposed unit mix is 405, one bedroom units and 45, three bedroom units.

A shared vehicular access with Block 7 to the west is proposed on the west portion of this site. Parking is proposed within 4 levels of underground parking as well as within part of the first and second storeys of the podium. A total of 508 parking spaces are proposed, 450 resident and 58 visitor spaces. All of the visitor parking spaces are located within the first level of the podium. The resulting parking rates are 1.0 space per dwelling unit for residents and 0.13 parking spaces per unit for visitor parking.

Visitor and resident bicycle parking spaces are proposed both at and below grade at a rate of 0.9 spaces per unit for residents (405) and 0.1 spaces for visitors (45).

A tower floor plate of 940 square metres is proposed which the applicants suggest would be consistent with the floor plate of an office building should it have proceeded on site.

900 square metres of indoor and outdoor private amenity space is proposed, all on the third level. This results in a proposed rate of 2.0 square metres per dwelling unit for both indoor and outdoor amenity space.

No retail or service commercial or office uses are proposed.

The closest part of the development is approximately 6.6 metres from the south edge of the elevated (approximately 7 metres) CPR right of way to the north which is classified as a Principal Main Line. The closest part of any dwelling unit to the adjacent CPR right-of-way is approximately 50 metres.

A development density of approximately 7.2 times the lot area is proposed.

A green roof is proposed on top of the 32nd floor.

Seeing as the proposed transit station at the northeast corner of the property is going nowhere fast, and seeing as the 416 suburban office market is not that hot, I am not surprised that Tridel and looking to convert the land use here. Still, the City won't look too favourably on the change.

The building will be pretty.
I am not sure whether the final outcome will be that good - some of Tridel's projects turned out nice like TEN YORK, but some did not turn out that good like 300 Front. Overall don't hold your breath because of Tridel's typical outcome.

Glad I moved out of the Metrogate community, can't imagine what traffic nightmare the Village Green Square intersection will be ... it is completely messed up that City Planning would allow 10 highrise condos towers (2 Solaris, 2 Ventus, 2 Avani, 1 Selene, 3 The Kennedys) in a cul-de-sac setting with only 1 point of access from/to the community :rolleyes:

Glad I moved out of the Metrogate community, can't imagine what traffic nightmare the Village Green Square intersection will be ... it is completely messed up that City Planning would allow 10 highrise condos towers (2 Solaris, 2 Ventus, 2 Avani, 1 Selene, 3 The Kennedys) in a cul-de-sac setting with only 1 point of access from/to the community :rolleyes:

You can't imagine that? I can. Loook at all that money through property taxes the city will collect from such a tiny area. My girlfriend sold her place there and didn't look back.

upload_2018-6-2_1-59-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-2_1-59-26.png
    upload_2018-6-2_1-59-26.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,279

Back