Toronto Reunion Crossing | ?m | 11s | Diamond Kilmer | Giannone Petricone

It looks like construction will start in a few weeks. Came across a page they seem to be updating in their website now, with construction updates!
Exciting!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Random question - but I have a hard time understanding the site plans. Is the Condo going to be along st.clair, or along old weston.

The condo is along St. Clair. The homes are remaining where they are along Old Weston, and the townhomes are being build in the space behind the existing homes, with the further blocks hitting old Weston road. The promotional rendering on the website makes this easier to see.

I am happy this project is going ahead is planned as I bought one of the townhome units with two other investors for an investment property...I am concerned with this pandemic as it is going to hurt our value for the property we bought and I am hoping this turns around soon for everybody...do u guys think there’s gonna be a drop in value for this project or do you think the value will stay the same or even go up a little?

My guess : economy will bounce back in about 1 or 2 years so I think right now value is down across the board for all homes and condos but this project won't be done for at least 3 years (at least the condo part, townhomes can be built sooner) so it should rebound value and be higher if anything.

yeah, i'm assuming the initial June 2022 closing date will be postponed by half a year at this point and that's being very generous

Yes - if you actually follow their master production schedule (in terms of the time it will take for each stage, which appears to be a somewhat accurate estimate) then the project (without delay) won’t be finished until November 2022. However, I think occupancy can and often does technically occur beforehand, so a 6-month delay in occupancy does not seem unreasonable.

Machines on site.

1590249679924.png

Love seeing construction starting! I'm not naive and know to expect delays, but I made the mistake of reading reddits view on preconstruction condos and they make it seem like anyone that does a precon made the biggest mistake of their life...

With any purchase there are risks, the benefit of Precon is you lock in a price for real estate that will go higher as the project is built. That is called an investment, just like stocks they can go up and down but they almost always require time and patience. Yes, the risk is time and delays which is common on every project but if it wasn't for precon buyers taking a chance and investing nothing would be built. With that being said I think this is a great project and great value as this area continues to grow and value will increase with more condos and projects coming to this corner. Stay positive and consider yourself lucky to be an owner of a property in the city of Toronto which is quite an achievement these days considering the price of rent and houses these days.

Back