Toronto Regent Park: Daniels DuEast | 96.31m | 29s | Daniels | Core Architects

Today.
F2A8BD1A-EBB8-4F40-B09F-9D43D01E32FD.jpeg

Lived in Cabbagetown for a decade or so (first as a renter, eventually an owner) and went to a bunch of early "Regent Park Revitalisation" community meetings.

Full disclosure - "Yeah not in my lifetime".

Apparently I'm still here and while some may think this is taking too long, I'm rather astonished already (hits and misses of course). Do wonder how displaced residents fared during this mega-makeover.

Lived in Cabbagetown for a decade or so (first as a renter, eventually an owner) and went to a bunch of early "Regent Park Revitalisation" community meetings.

Apparently I'm still here and while some may think this is taking too long, I'm rather astonished already (hits and misses of course). Do wonder how displaced residents fared during this mega-makeover.

It's remarkable how quickly the area has transformed. In a few years, the historical Regent Park will be but a memory. I feel the same way about the Corktown and Cabbagetown. Completely unrecognizable from 10 years ago or so.

It's been long as there's just so much work involved. But not too long. Regent Park is a resounding success IMO!

Back