Toronto Quay House | 73.15m | 21s | Empire | Kirkor Architects

1588195094398.png

I wish they had stuck with the three shades of paneling (white/grey/black, as opposed to just white/grey), but I don't mind this one nearly as much as others seem to. Don't get me wrong, it's not an architectural wonder, but the buildings along QQE seem to each have their own unique style - it's not uniform like it is in CityPlace - which creates an interesting feel.

From what I remember reading in the site plan documents, there is a mirror/reflective panel that is beside each window (which you can see in the renderings, but the effect doesn't come across well) that could create a cool effect.

Welp, since it's Empire and Kirkor this is pretty much another certified guaranteed piece of trash about to be put up on our waterfront. I dont have a lick of faith that the materials that will be used to build this will be of any good quality whatsoever.
Haha, now Empire is in the trash talk category

the fact that this is going up on our waterfront... If they wanted to rehash the white checkered motif, i wish they had tried to emulate Art Shoppe Condos. Something like that would be a great fit for this prime location

Sad, sad, sad. I hope people stop buying these projects....make builders actually put some effort into developing a waterfront that a "world class" city should have.

Absolutely horrific, and further solidifies how much of a joke our waterfront is.

A case study should be created for all universities, on the subject on how cities should NOT develop prime waterfront real estate. I think with this I officially give up on our waterfront, it will forever be an embarrassing world-class laughing stalk.

This is getting embarrassing for Toronto. One low brow clunker was bound to happen but now we have a slew of them. They realize tourist are going to see this piece of crap, right?

See: https://www.162queens-quay.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4fSNnKbf6gIVy8DACh3vigS1EAAYASAAEgJH8fD_BwE

This from a realtor:

We are getting closer to the much anticipated Empire Quay House - Virtual Launch date of Wednesday, August 5th.

The developer is working hard to finalize pricing, final floor plans and full project details. They will be providing this information only to their Developer Approved Platinum Realtors Wednesday, August 5th. The link below will be updated with new information as it is received by the Developer.
Project Details:
Storeys: 21
Units: 463

Suite Mix:

Studio: 20%
1 bed: 54%
2 bed: 16%
3 bed: 10%

Expected Occupancy:

January 2024

Back