May 24-26:

DSCN8749.JPG
DSCN8797.JPG
IMG_6621.jpeg
IMG_6623.jpeg
IMG_6649.jpeg

TY for keeping on top of this.

Just had a chance to look through it.

Much is as we've been expecting, but there are a few tidbits.

Tower Lighting Concepts, at different levels:

1685538410507.png

1685538444828.png

1685538475476.png

1685538502404.png

1685538540098.png

Material Palate:

1685538598995.png

1685538619609.png

Tower Cladding:

1685538669646.png

Public Realm:

Looking south from Lakeshore down Yonge:

1685538808954.png

Same spot, but looking south-east:

1685538854504.png

Lots more if you follow the link.

TY for keeping on top of this.

Just had a chance to look through it.

Much is as we've been expecting, but there are a few tidbits.

Tower Lighting Concepts, at different levels:

View attachment 481747

View attachment 481748

View attachment 481749

View attachment 481750

View attachment 481751

Material Palate:

View attachment 481752

View attachment 481753

Tower Cladding:

View attachment 481754

Public Realm:

Looking south from Lakeshore down Yonge:

View attachment 481755

Same spot, but looking south-east:

View attachment 481756

Lots more if you follow the link.
I like the design but considering this is probably the tallest tower Hariri Pontarini has ever designed and will become Toronto’s tallest building, this project seems a step below One Bloor East. The podium and street presence isn’t helping either. Not a huge disappointment but also not the architecture masterpiece it should have been at 344m. the wow factor of the original proposal is gone.

I like the design but considering this is probably the tallest tower Hariri Pontarini has ever designed and will become Toronto’s tallest building, this project seems a step below One Bloor East. The podium and street presence isn’t helping either. Not a huge disappointment but also not the architecture masterpiece it should have been at 344m. the wow factor of the original proposal is gone.
I agreed, even though I’ve already bought a unit on the 60th floor, facing south, during the initial launch. Had I known this is what final design would look like, I’d never have bought into this development. A lot of the initial renderings are very misleading.

The opportunity to light up the white accent lines up the length of the tower has the potential to look really good IMO. I've become more wary of the "illuminated crown" concept though, as not many buildings can pull that off very well - even CIBC Square's Crown has issues for me. The only building I've seen pull it off well is Salesforce Tower in San Francisco, and in person it's pretty stunning.

Being that Skytower and Salesforce share a somewhat similar design, the crown could end up looking really nice as long as its proportional to the tower itself and resembles the second photo from @Northern Light 's post above

Er...what are those thingies that look like parts of a pipe organ embedded amongst the rebar?
If you're talking about the silver tubes with the black and yellow tabs coming out of them, those would be conduits for post tensioning of the concrete. The black tabs with the yellow tips are probably where they will pump the grout into the conduits afterwards.

SKULL_KRUSHER is right. Each post-tensioning bar is 3 inches in diameter. High strength grout will be pumped from the lower location until it starts weeping out through the top location several floors above. Then you know the bars are fully sealed with grout. The bumps that you see in the silver sheathing is where the coupler that joins two bars is located. Just a trivia: This is the 3rd high-rise structure (including CN Tower) in Canada to have post-tensioned walls.

Last edited:
SKULL_KRUSHER is right. Each post-tensioning bar is 3 inches in diameter. High strength grout will be pumped from the lower location until it starts weeping out through the top location several floors above. Then you know the bars are fully sealed with grout. The bumps that you see in the silver sheathing is where the coupler that joins two bars is located. Just a trivia: This is the 3rd high-rise structure (including CN Tower) in Canada to have post-tensioned walls.
I was hoping for a more musical explanation...but I'l go with this. Thanks for explaining that everyones! /bows

Back