Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Toronto Model 01-25-23 Downtown.png

Toronto Model 01-25-23 One Yonge.png

I'm guessing those floors house mechanical rooms that require higher ceilings. The darker part is the glazing used to cover the extra height.

or

It's just the angle the photos were taken at.
Yeah, looks like taller ceiling heights on those floors because you can't see any glazing on the floors above and below.

I'm not talking about when the building will top out. I'm talking about it catching The One.
I for one am 100% certain it will catch and surpass The One before either are done.

The One started going up in June 2019, took 14 months just to reach the ground level in July 2020 then another 19 months to complete the podium levels(height of the adjacent elevator core) in Feb 2022. In the the year since its only gone up about 200 feet.

One Yonge meanwhile only started going up in July 2021, reached ground level just 9 months later in Apr 2022 and the podium will likely be completed in 12-14 months. They have the advantage of a much larger and less constrained site and a more straight forward floor plan.

People might think The One will really fly now that the most "complicated bits" are done but really the whole building is complicated. You don't have cantilever levels on One Yonge and those mid-floor mechanical levels on The One will also slow things down.

The One got most of the hype but in the end it will sadly never spend even a single day as the countries tallest, I'll bet anyone on that 😼

I for one am 100% certain it will catch and surpass The One before either are done.

The One started going up in June 2019, took 14 months just to reach the ground level in July 2020 then another 19 months to complete the podium levels(height of the adjacent elevator core) in Feb 2022. In the the year since its only gone up about 200 feet.

One Yonge meanwhile only started going up in July 2021, reached ground level just 9 months later in Apr 2022 and the podium will likely be completed in 12-14 months. They have the advantage of a much larger and less constrained site and a more straight forward floor plan.

People might think The One will really fly now that the most "complicated bits" are done but really the whole building is complicated. You don't have cantilever levels on One Yonge and those mid-floor mechanical levels on The One will also slow things down.

The One got most of the hype but in the end it will sadly never spend even a single day as the countries tallest, I'll bet anyone on that 😼

This is exactly what I was thinking, you just articulated it and explained it with much greater detail...lol.

The only difference of opinion we have is that I think the podium will be finished much sooner.

But it sure is fun to watch it going up.
I’m looking forward to shopping or staring up on the ground level someday….maybe this year?

Edit. Oops - Wrong thread. One Bloor is exciting to watch. One Yonge - not so much.

Last edited:

Back