Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Toronto Model 10-24-22 One Yonge.png

the first tower has ended up being an example of false advertising compared to the renders. so much of the "angled planes" are really just an optical illusion created by the balcony glass. almost everything built in Toronto is a 2nd or 3rd rate bait and switch.

the first tower has ended up being an example of false advertising compared to the renders. so much of the "angled planes" are really just an optical illusion created by the balcony glass. almost everything built in Toronto is a 2nd or 3rd rate bait and switch.

Interesting observation. From my perspective this turned out exactly like the renders, with the exception of the crown. The ‘angled planes‘ appear to be formed by changes to the floorplate at nearly every level — not just the balcony glass — so I’d be curious to hear more about what part you feel is a bait and switch.

I'm a champion complainer about reality not meeting renders, but imo this project is very close to render. The "angled planes" you mentioned is clearly more than just glass, you can tell the shape of the concrete defines the shape of the facade.

Perhaps you were under the illusion that the North side would also have this shape? (I definitely thought that before) Cause the renders have always showed the South side as the only side with this treatment.

Last edited:
You know, I've been observing this thread, as I am wont to do.........and i feel like members here haven't had enough to talk about lately..........so let me remedy that........... ;)

There's a new application for this site. Yes, you read that right...............

1667643692457.png

New to the AIC, an app to increase the permitted height of Phase 2/3 by 10 and 12 storeys from 95 storeys to 105 storeys and from 80 storeys to 92 storeys.

If I didn't flag this @Miss J I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it, LOL @3Dementia may also be particularly interested.

Oh............and from the Docs:

1667644391449.png

1667644416220.png

1667644440730.png

1667644474224.png

1667645156081.png

Back