Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Peeking through.

DB6A266D-C4D3-40B2-9749-755C007CC88A.jpeg

I'm sure there is a fair bit of construction that can be done, like this type, that uses machinery and few workers. If the same boring machine is used by the same individual every day, cleaned after work, i don't see a problem. As long as workers on the ground are keeping their distance and not congregating for lunch, no different than the grocery store i was in yesterday. The greatest risk will likely be getting to the work site unless you drive yourself. Right now that shouldn't be a problem. I guess each individual has to decide their level of comfort.

Can someone tell if this tower has increased in height from 1007 ft to 1027 ft or so ?
No, because Pinnacle does not know how high this building actually is. When we asked about a month ago, they referred to a bylaw that restricts the height, including how high the Building Maintenance Unit can be raised above the roof, not realizing that those are not actual plans for the building. They've been quoting that height restriction with the BMU as the height of the building, so that higher figure is simply wrong. This may be taller than 1,007 feet in antiquated units, but we do not know (and neither do they) by how much. I have to say that Pinnacle have displayed a surprising level of incompetence in regards to this matter.

Site specific by-laws usually give a bit more height than the building actually "needs" in case there is a small change down the road, but it's usually only a metre or two. Not 20 feet.

The "park" design is pretty underwhelming (which is I suppose sorta what you get for $577,215; I'd say it pretty assuredly fails to satisfy two of the key criteria established through the referenced Central Waterfront Secondary Plan: "The foot of Yonge Street should be treated as a distinctive gateway to the city" and "The design of the public realm will be of a standard of excellence of the great city waterfronts" as well as the consensus WTDRP comments that preceded this design:

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.00.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.01.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.01.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.01.20 AM.png

Back