Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

More helpfully, that WTDRP doc provides some helpful illustrations that answer a bunch of the recent/recurring questions about site planning and phasing:

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.04.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.04.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.05.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.05.14 AM.png

This park/POPS is bound to be underwhelming given it's in the shadow of the Gardiner and will be right beside a busy thoroughfare (Lake Shore). I have no hope at all, though more open space is better than less. It's too bad that they didn't put it on the SW portion of the site rather than the NW though.

The only potential positives of the park/POPS will be: (a) a big public art piece and (b) that it provides more options to 'decorate' the underside of the Gardiner to connect and welcome people to the waterfront (like they've contemplated for many intersections under the Gardiner).

It's too bad that they didn't put it on the SW portion of the site rather than the NW though.
There's a road in the way. Until the road is gone, there's no public space at all. Once the road is removed, however, there's space left… and that's why it's in this corner. Too bad the design of the space is utterly bereft of imagination.

The diagrams and maps show Harbour Street being extended right to Jarvis, through the existing Loblaws building. Is that actually the case? What's going to happen to that Loblaws?
The Loblaws site on Jarvis will be redeveloped. There is a supermarket space in the base of the first phase at Sugar Wharf, so maybe they'll move it there?

The diagrams and maps show Harbour Street being extended right to Jarvis, through the existing Loblaws building. Is that actually the case? What's going to happen to that Loblaws?
Does anyone know if part of the Harbour Street Extension is being constructed at the same time as the first phase of One Yonge? Phase one doesn't have frontage on Lake Shore or Yonge.

The Loblaws site on Jarvis will be redeveloped. There is a supermarket space in the base of the first phase at Sugar Wharf, so maybe they'll move it there?

Very good point! Do you know the approx. size of the future retail space in SW1 and if it compares to the current space that Loblaws occupies?

Very good point! Do you know the approx. size of the future retail space in SW1 and if it compares to the current space that Loblaws occupies?

I'd like to know this too because that Loblaws is huge. I love shopping there.

Anyone know when it's supposed to be redeveloped?

There's a road in the way. Until the road is gone, there's no public space at all. Once the road is removed, however, there's space left… and that's why it's in this corner. Too bad the design of the space is utterly bereft of imagination.

What's happening to Lake Shore East there? A rerouting, or just complete removal? I know the street will eventually bisect the site, but are they just abandoning that part of it on the north side?

Is there a site plan for that you could share?

What's happening to Lake Shore East there? A rerouting, or just complete removal? I know the street will eventually bisect the site, but are they just abandoning that part of it on the north side?

Is there a site plan for that you could share?

Here's the concept: (don't put too much stock into the lane marking specifically), but essentially, the Gardiner eastbound off-ramp to Jarvis will be replaced with a Yonge off-ramp, and Lake Shore will continue east across the intersection from it. People taking Harbour eastbound who intend to continue eastbound on Lake Shore will have a number of streets to choose from on which they can choose to move one block north to get back to Lake Shore.

SitePlanPhs123_1280.jpg

From Sunday March 29, 2020.
This is my last picture from this angle on the common terraces at 25 The Esplanade for the foreseeable future as Ontario orders lockdown of “condo parks and gardens”. I was a big proponent of common terraces vs private balconies but this is one con for that argument.

FA470A01-69A5-45E4-9B1C-183025493135.jpeg
78993E5D-A5F5-4704-8FBE-EFAF12015C04.jpeg

Back