Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Noticed today that the east west trench had some half circle foam forms. It’s a shallow trench and I thought it might be for power, however, the shape baffles me. Perhaps it’s related to the soil remediation. Anyhow the other item to note is the appearance of a mobile crane, currently being assembled. View attachment 138205View attachment 138206View attachment 138207

Those plastic circle like things are patterns for the shoring machine to follow when they start drilling into the ground. They have to drill every third hole, fill with concrete then come back and repeat with the next hole along the mold. They keep going until they have a complete wall all around the site

Is that to allow the concrete to cure before drilling into it?

Yes, when they come back they over drill the cured column so you end up with a continuous mostly watertight wall. When it's all finished they call it the bathtub because they excavate within the exterior walls without worrying too much about water caving in the sides. I learned this from watching 45 Bay St construction. There are also youtube videos showing the process, it's quite fascinating to watch how this stuff is done.

From this morning

20180325_103146.jpg

Attachments

• 20180325_103146.jpg
    20180325_103146.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 679
Last edited by a moderator:
New Community Centre: Community Meeting

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm (Drop-in anytime)

Presentation at 7:00 pm

Place: Toronto Star building

1 Yonge Street, ground floor

The Warehouse Room

cc.JPG

Attachments

• cc.JPG
    cc.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 696
Just wanted to point out that there will be 6 levels of underground parking.
Wonder what the water situation will be like that far down. Likely going to find a lot of wood and debris since it's all infill there too.

Wonder what the water situation will be like that far down. Likely going to find a lot of wood and debris since it's all infill there too.
It's the shallow areas that the debris is typically found. after 20-30 feet you hit the original lake bottom and it stops being a concern.

Question about the PATH connection from this complex. It is my understanding that it'll be an enclosed above ground walkway, but the Jarvis St exit ramp is lower than the Gardiner expressway. How is it feasible to install that walkway below that ramp?

Back