Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

And some of the concrete is 'coloured'. This could be interesting or very very very bad. I would be interested in seeing a rendering.

(the city is calling for some setbacks, which will go a little way in helping the building)

.. photos from the last couple of months.

318RichmondW.jpg

318RichmondW6.jpg

318RichmondW3.jpg

318RichmondW2.jpg

318RichmondW1.jpg

318RichmondW4.jpg

318RichmondW5.jpg

DSCN0384_resize.jpg

DSCN0414_resize.jpg

DSCN0420_resize.jpg

DSCN0462_resize.jpg

DSCN0468_resize.jpg

DSCN0510_resize.jpg

DSCN0514_resize.jpg

Looks like a vertical bunker.

I wonder if part of the marketing will be about how sound-proof the building is?

Looks like a vertical bunker.

I wonder if part of the marketing will be about how sound-proof the building is?
for the people buying spaces there i hope it has excellent sound proofing, cuz on thurs, fri and sat it's just insanely loud. i know first hand cuz i worked outside on the street this past summer. especially with the theatre and republik across from it and metro to the right and lot 332 and other to the left.

*sigh*

I spent many nights on those dance floors. The view of the CN Tower through the 3rd floor windows was spectacular, and unique in a club setting. Oh well, three cheers for another boring condo.

^reminds me of Energy 108--slowly but surely the 1990's dance/rave/electronica scene bites the dust....sad but progress is progress.

maybe each condo will be named after a dj? a "classic" tune?

I walked by this spot this Saturday PM as well--perhaps moments after you snapped these pix?

they're probably demo'ing to get a surface parking lot in for the interim, knowing it will either
A) be a lengthy fight
b) be a lengthy sales period
c) fail miserably and they'll still at least have their parking revenue

The rendering for this one is rather unique. Should be an interesting project - hope the windows have some serious sound-proofing.

I, for one, am looking forward to the demolition of these clubs. I won't miss the idiot hordes of slick-haired, tight pink shirt wearing, glowing purple honda civic driving ginos from Brampton and Scarborough that roam these streets at night, thinking they're the shit for acting like maroons in the "big city."

They can build their clubs in their own neighbourhoods and start street fights there, instead of holding our cops hostage every weekend.

Wow, never thought I'd see Joker demolished. Hopefully it's a nice building.

Back